Hyperdrive Pro9

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tadwrench

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hello, I’m new to the forum and I’ve been out of RC racing for the last 20 years so a lot of this is new to me, my wife gave me a Hyperdrive Pro9 cat for Christmas and now I have to find some good short pack batteries. The space for the batteries is 3 3/4 inches or 95.25mm. If anyone has used or knows what I can get s pack that will fit I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you in advance for any information

What esc do you run?
What plugs or connectors?
What voltage, capacity, c rating are you looking for?

Never heard of that car, and seems rare as not alot about it pops up on google, I searched for it, and got USB hubs. Lol.

I think my 4wd wheeler (B74.1D - Associated for offroad racing) battery tray came in to the same size as that.
I use CHNL 5200 7.6 2s LiHV 120C batteries for it, but those are more race spec batteries. Those batteries I linked are 96mm, so they might be a smidge too long. :(

Pics of the car, and what you are going to be using it for would be helpful.
And we always like pics. ;)
:nopics:

And also,
:welcome_sign:to RCT!

Does the manual have any specifications? NiCad? Lipo? I found a couple of vids on youtube but couldn't make out the battery type.

There are some battery places like hobbyking.com that will let you search for lipos by dimensions. Otherwise you'll just have to scour the battery sites and look through the dimensions of the lipos

Thank you, here are some pictures, the track rules require a 6000mah battery for the class, a Hobbywing juststock ESC and a 17.5 motor

IMG_9828.jpeg

IMG_9827.jpeg

IMG_9826.jpeg

Ah ok

For 4wd off-road I used to use 6100 Maclan LiHV packs.
Screenshot_20231231-105650.png

What is the voltage rules? Is it 8.4 (LiPo) or 8.7 (LiHV) ? (Edit: you can also use LiHV as a LiPo, just charge to 8.4v)

I can only find shorty batteries that are 96mm and above, they should fit snug tho.
Here are a few:

Screenshot_20231231-105200.png

Screenshot_20231231-105106.png

Screenshot_20231231-105142.png

I found more info on the car here which appears to be an oval chassis, presumably late model:
https://muddslidemotorsports.com/hdpro9wofren.html

1704040317557.png

That said, any 2S shorty will work however since it's a stock class, I would invest in the highest quality battery you can find which offers the lowest IR.

A safe bet would be the Trinity White Carbon series:
https://www.horizonhobby.com/produc...shorty-lipo-battery-5mm-bullets/TRI-1023.html

1704040554823.png

More info here if you want to maximize your performance for stock racing: