Lcg conversion on an ECX Torment 1/10 2wd

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lukedavis

Hardcore RCTalk User
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Boating
Let me get straight to the point. I am going to make my ECX torment 2wd 1/10 into an LCG racer. I will update this build frequently. My goal for this build is for it to be competitive at my local track and keep it at a relatively low cost. I will post all of the links to the things that are needed to complete this conversion if you want to do it too! Now, let's get this started!

Step 1:

The first step to this build is to order all of the parts that are needed to complete the conversion.
Here are the links to the parts that are needed:

https://www.amainhobbies.com/xtreme...ension-black-xtr12452gbk/p234210#tab-feedback

This part extends the wheelbase.

https://www.horizonhobby.com/product/top-plate-1-10-2wd-circuit-boost/ECX1029.html

This is the top plate of the circuit chassis.

https://www.horizonhobby.com/produc...mount-set-1-10-2wd-circuit-boost/ECX1092.html

These are the suspension mounts for the chassis.

And last but not least, the chassis.

https://www.horizonhobby.com/product/chassis-1-10-2wd-circuit/ECX1017.html

These are all of the parts that you will need. (That I'm aware of. Some people say that the Xtreme racing kit doesn't come with screws!!!)

Now, I will calculate the price.

Xtreme Racing ECX G-10 Frame Extension (Black) = $49.99

Chassis: 1/10 2WD Circuit = $18.99

Top Plate: 1/10 2WD Circuit, Boost = $7.99

Front/Rear Suspension Mount Set: 1/10 2WD Circuit, Boost = $7.99

Total = $84.96

Now, I have to go order the parts.

I know a guy 8 years ago try to race a ecx torment that he never finished a race with .it was carpet offroad . he even di a few other makers upgrade parts hpi i think.

Neat. I had one a while ago (my first RC in fact) and was entertaining the thought... But ultimately it wasn't that good a chassis to begin with and spares and upgrade parts were *very* hard to find, especially in Europe so I got rid of it. Will be watching this thread! :thumbs-up:

I don't think that lcg chassis will make ecx nowhere near competitive to modern race truck. I would spend money on proper tires and 17.5 brushless system

I don't think that lcg chassis will make ecx nowhere near competitive to modern race truck. I would spend money on proper tires and 17.5 brushless system
Yea it's like my slash 2wd vs mod 4x4 scts. (On clay and carpet) At least the ecx might be more durable than the slash. My slash is like legos. You drop the car and something breaks.

Yea it's like my slash 2wd vs mod 4x4 scts. (On clay and carpet) At least the ecx might be more durable than the slash. My slash is like legos. You drop the car and something breaks.
From my experience ecx is not even close to slash durability. My best friend has ecx ruckus and had many issues compared to his 2wd and 4wd slash. Just to start with transmission, it has plastic diff, and metal upgrade was 30$. Plastic gears can't withstand 4000kv brushless motor. 2wd slash has some weaknesses but it's another level in both handling and durability

From my experience ecx is not even close to slash durability. My best friend has ecx ruckus and had many issues compared to his 2wd and 4wd slash. Just to start with transmission, it has plastic diff, and metal upgrade was 30$. Plastic gears can't withstand 4000kv brushless motor. 2wd slash has some weaknesses but it's another level in both handling and durability
I have had my ECX torment for 3 years and the only thing that I have broken on it was a couple of drive shafts and a chassis. I just hate how easy it is to flip. We have a 2wd short course truck class at my track because it's offroad carpet. They actually don't allow 4x4 scts.
Will post pics of the before soon!

Hm. Good to know.
I have had my ECX torment for 3 years and the only thing that I have broken on it was a couple of drive shafts and a chassis. I just hate how easy it is to flip. We have a 2wd short course truck class at my track because it's offroad carpet. They actually don't allow 4x4 scts.
Will post pics of the before soon!
Maybe you drive super good? I bash very very hard on my slash. And it still has its problems. But not much anymore. 2wd scts are easy to flip. A slash 2wd with the stock HCG chassis will be rolling over while turning at like 3 mph. The stock slash chassis is not so good of a design. I'm not sure why a SCT would need so much ground clearance. I upgraded mine to the LCG. Handles pretty nice now. Next I might want the HR sway bar kit. 4x4 SCTs are a very popular class at my local clay track.

Hm. Good to know.

Maybe you drive super good? I bash very very hard on my slash. And it still has its problems. But not much anymore. 2wd scts are easy to flip. A slash 2wd with the stock HCG chassis will be rolling over while turning at like 3 mph. The stock slash chassis is not so good of a design. I'm not sure why a SCT would need so much ground clearance. I upgraded mine to the LCG. Handles pretty nice now. Next I might want the HR sway bar kit. 4x4 SCTs are a very popular class at my local clay track.
I send mine to the moon. I took it to school once and let someone drive it when it had my brushless system in it and they went full throttle into a pole and that's when it broke the chassis.

I send mine to the moon. I took it to school once and let someone drive it when it had my brushless system in it and they went full throttle into a pole and that's when it broke the chassis.
SCHOOL! If I take my RC stuff to school it might be considered a weapon. The principle; :eek: The other kids: :cool: Teachers: :rolleyes: Me: 😁
Are lipos weapons?

okay, guys, change of plans. I'm going to 3d print a chassis for it and when it is done I will post the files for free!
Rn i need someone with a pair of calapers and a spare torment chassis and I need you to take some measurements for me.

If you connect the leads, you can have flaming lipo-chucks 🤪🤣
What about reverse polarity?!?! Reverse extra flaming lipo-chucks? :eek: 🤣
okay, guys, change of plans. I'm going to 3d print a chassis for it and when it is done I will post the files for free!
Rn i need someone with a pair of calapers and a spare torment chassis and I need you to take some measurements for me.
3D printed chassis. I wonder how it will hold up compared to plastic and aluminum/metal chassis.

Does anyone make a sealed diff for Torment yet?
What type of filament are you planning to go with?

Does anyone make a sealed diff for Torment yet?

What type of filament are you planning to go with?
dont know yet
prob pla
were getting somewhere!
Screenshot 2023-03-23 12.23.12 PM.png

Last edited:
Back