LC Racing EMB-01 buggy upgrades

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roadrage

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hi all,

New to the rc car game and this forum, I'm from Europe and 37yo. been doing FPV for years but picked up a new interest now.

Upgrading to a LC Racing EMB-1h kit after having a lot of fun with the 144001. A couple questions comes to mind which I cannot find a straight answer on this forum or the www. So I figured lets ask the experts.

As I ordered the EMB-1H kit I will need to get a few items separate. I'm just going to put my questions here and see how it goes.

• Is a gyro tx and rx mandatory ? do you prefer to drive with or without gyro
  • what motor and ESC would you advise ? aiming for a moderate to fast torquey car. not a speed-run animal perse
  • what radio/receiver is recommended ? I would prefer 1 radio to control them all (cars)
Any other tips before starting with this kit? or tools needed etc.

All you wisdom is appreciated,

Gr,
newb

1) Gyro is not mandatory and even if you wanted a gyro you can buy them separately to use with your existing TX/RX combo.
2) For an ESC/motor combo this little 1/14 scale mini buggy uses 380 sized motors so Id probably look at something like THIS.
3) TX/RX combo is going to be really dependent on your budget. Personally I would suggest something from Sanwa or Futaba for quality or the Flysky GT3b for a budget option. You can also use the Flysky Gt3c also. I prefer the b model because its more mod-able. Either way though both the transmitters are basically the same except the c comes with a tiny little lipo battery that can't be charged on a normal lipo charger. The b can be modded to use regular lipos. your call.
4) Speaking of batteries you'll want to pick up a couple of 2S lipo batteries like THESE that are no more than 95mm long and no more than 30mm wide. Height is flexible.
5) Speaking of Lipo batteries you're going to need a good LiPo charger like THIS. This charger lets you charge 2 LiPos at once.
6) For tools you're going to need a good soldering station like THIS. Thats actually a really good price on that soldering station too. Theyre normally $80. Active Powersports has em on sale right now.
7) For hand tools I buy all mine from Team-EDS. They are the highest quality tools (on par with Hudy) for half the price.

Hope that helps :)

Sorry I didn't see this thread earlier.

Skip the gyro.
I wouldn't get that combo @Greywolf74 suggested that is a bit small for this buggy, it will work okay but will probably run a bit on the warm side. Get a Hobbywing 16BL30 and a Tenshock X1401 2938 4850kv motor.
I agree with @Greywolf74 on the radio choice.

NEVER EVER UNDER ANY CIRUMSTANCES BUY ANYTHING FROM ACTIVE POWER SPORTS!!!!!!!!!!!!! How these crooks continue to be in business is just mind boggling.
Those Turnigy lipos are the batteries I use in my EMB-1. These just barely fit if you clip the outside tabs off the battery holders.

This is my EMB-T truggy with the battery tray set to the same size as the EMB-1 buggy tray.
20210808_022351.jpg

I'm about to file a claim with my CC company. I got part of the order, never got the rest of it and now they arent responding to emails anymore. I've sent them a couple in the last 10 days, no response. Tried to call the number on my CC statement and no answer O__o

I'm about to file a claim with my CC company. I got part of the order, never got the rest of it and now they arent responding to emails anymore. I've sent them a couple in the last 10 days, no response. Tried to call the number on my CC statement and no answer O__o
Don't know if the number on the statement is the same, but try calling the number on the back of your credit card.

Don't know if the number on the statement is the same, but try calling the number on the back of your credit card.
No the number on the statement is supposed to be the phone number for Active Power Sports not his credit card company.

This is their number according to the BBB (760) 746-0600

This is their address if you do a Google street view it looks more like some random office building than a company that sells automotive and rc stuff. They don't even have any signage up or anything.

Escondido Powersports Inc​

632 Aero Way​

Escondido, CA 92029​

I honestly do not understand how these crooks have remained in business for the last 15 years! I mean they have a F rating with the BBB.
The worst part is they run other websites that are probably run the same way. I am willing to bet if you Google any of those other websites you will find people with the exact same complaints.

Alternate Business Name​

• Offroadhunting.com
  • Sidebysidesports.com
  • Activepowersports.com
  • Sikkwear.com

They finally replied back to me again today. They are supposed to be sending me what they do have in stock and refunding me the rest. We'll see what happens

They finally replied back to me again today. They are supposed to be sending me what they do have in stock and refunding me the rest. We'll see what happens
Any updates? I saw Active Powersports awhile back, and anytime I consider ordering from someone I have never ordered from I check their BBB rating first. Pretty diligent about that. They are a terrible company.

Last edited:
IDK WTF these people are doing. They dont even really reply to my emails anymore. They sent me some more diff oils that they had in stock and they refunded the Jato electric conversion kit but the last couple of times I emailed them I kept telling them to send me what they had and refund the rest. I opened a dispute with my credit card company cuz they still owe me $71.37

Back