Kyosho Ultima ST

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goodgamer

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
So my dad has a Kyosho Ultima ST, and the plastic bushings on the rear where the drive shafts connect to are getting worn out so the wheels flop around when you gas it. They don't flop around to bad I should say they have a lot more play than they should.

Do you guys know were I can gets parts for it?

Kyosho generally uses 5x10x4mm bearings at the wheels on 1/10 scale rigs. Pull one of those bushings and check it with a caliper. If the inside is worn, measure the stub axle. Should be 5mm inside diameter, 10mm outside diameter and 4mm wide.

If so:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/301088360692?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Obviously, if they're a different size, order the appropriate bearing. eBay is the best place to find them cheap, just search by size, in order of ID x OD x Width ("5x10x4mm bearing", "4x8x3mm bearing", etc)

You can also order from Team Fast Eddy (who advertises here) and use that same measurement.

So replacing it with a bearing will be alright? I would figure since Kyosho makes nicer stuff if it needed to be bearing it would have been when they sent it to be sold.

A lot of the smaller stuff that I have from Kyosho uses bushings instead of bearings. I always try to replace the plastic bushings with a good quality bearing. You're better off in the long run replacing the bushings as they tend to wear more quickly than the bearings causing slop.

Alright will do.

Thanks guys.

A lot of the smaller stuff that I have from Kyosho uses bushings instead of bearings.

Yup. My Nitro Thrasher was all bushing, but I just got the last of the bearings in today. It actually resulted in a noticeable power increase, much more than with the RC10s.

Now I just need to either put bigger tires on or increase the gear ratio, because with the SCT tires, the LRP Z.18s raps out as quick as a 4 pole brushless on 3S, but only has a ~20 MPH top speed.

Last edited:
Back