Kyosho RB7ss Super Extra Fantastic Fun Time Build

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you want more travel, you can put the SC6 front shock tower and RT6 front shocks on the front. The RT6 front shocks are the same as the RB7 rear shocks. The SC6 shocks are the same length, but they are a different design. I'm not sure if they make that much of a different. The o-ring/packing is different. The only thing I have left on this is painting the body and cleaning up the wires and solder points.

View attachment 124064
Looking good!

So how's the build? Kyosho just released new aluminum shock towers for the RB7.

Fried the ESC, waiting on the replacent.. new towers eh? Any links? Still waiting on springs that I ordered on the 10th... I did order some carbon fiber arms lol. I am spending way to much on this thing lol. Love it.

I ordered some different rims for my daughters truck. I got some that have more of a negative offset to make it a little wider. Right now, the tires rub when it turns.

I ordered some different rims for my daughters truck. I got some that have more of a negative offset to make it a little wider. Right now, the tires rub when it turns.
It is really cool how many little things impact these machines. Is she planning on racing or is it for bashing?

I was yapping with amain today about my springs. They mentioned the RB7 was discontinued. I was kicking around snagging one but saw the price jumped up. Maybe a RB8 is in the pipes.

That would be exciting to see. The only additions I could think of them making to it would be a quick change diff and an adjustable diff height. Everything else is pretty much up to date with everyone else.

My daughter plans on racing it, but I really don't think she will do it. She really hates attention when she's around people she doesn't know.

My daughter is the same way when it comes to attention. Unless they have a dog, then she's your best friend.

On a side note, I picked her up an AMP MT to build on Black Friday. LHS had a promotion going on and they are super nice people. Anyway, I was burning tree limbs that blew down recently and was playing with her truck. Hit a post, broke an arm... haven't shared the news yet ?

Happy New Year everyone! Finally had some free time, soldered up the new ESC. I am thinking about ditching the battery post bracket due to having the exotek battery tabs. Thoughts?

Attachments

• 20210103_115502.jpg
    20210103_115502.jpg
    331.8 KB · Views: 74
Ditch them. There really isn't a need for them.

Did you tell your daughter you broke her truck yet?

I did. She asked if it was broke broke or just needed fixed. Dad fixed it of course. A trip to the LHS and we were good to go. Got the buggy running tonight!

Tried to upload a video. No bueno.

I haven't touched my RC's in a couple weeks. I've switched over to working on the motorcycles. There are a lot of projects on my plate right now. I haven't been fishing in 6 months, and that is crazy!

That's a bummer about fishing. I appreciate the relaxing time that brings. People are ice fishing around here right now. I dont get that one..

What type of motorcycles do you have?

I have dirt bikes. A Honda CR500, Suzuki RM-Z250, and a Kawasaki KFX400 quad.

It doesn't get cold enough for ice fishing around here. I would love to try it out. It's trout season out here. However, Look up "bass fishing in the California Delta" when you get a chance. They have huge bass out here.

I have dirt bikes. A Honda CR500, Suzuki RM-Z250, and a Kawasaki KFX400 quad.

It doesn't get cold enough for ice fishing around here. I would love to try it out. It's trout season out here. However, Look up "bass fishing in the California Delta" when you get a chance. They have huge bass out here.
Those are some nice bass! We have large mouth here, but I dont think they are normally that large. The ice huts are going after perch mainly. That and walleye are very plentiful. We have a salmon run in the spring and fall. I'm going to check it out this spring.

One of best buddies in high school had a CR500! His dad let us play with the heavy equipment on a couple of acres they had building ramps for it. Fun times!

They have salmon runs here in the delta also. The delta is known for having the most species of game fish in the US. There's a lot of fish in that thing. I would love to go and catch walleye. I hear they are really fun. I see they get pretty big also.

I've owned a 500 since I was 16. Crazy power that I had to learn to respect. You never tame it... you have to respect it. I'm just getting to old to drive it around here on these tighter and rocky trails. I'm looking at getting a 250 2-stroke.

Walleye are a blast. My dad and I have spent many full moons trolling for those. Pretty neutral tasting, goes great with eggs and bacon for breakfast.

Just got news back from Tekin on the bricked esc. They said 100$ to replace it. I was hoping they would send me a new one lol.

Speaking of an ESC, have you seen the all aluminum Kyosho Lemans 240s esc? It's looks really nice. I'm contemplating on getting one.

1610649500996.png

Sure is pretty! Do it if you are going to use it and have the casnh.

Quick question. Do you run a fan on your ss? At 13.5 or 17.5 I dont think it is needed. Hasn't been dry enough to go out and push her. That and I dont want the road salt all up in my stuff lol.

nope. I have the timing at 0, so I'm not pushing the motor very hard. If I start cranking up the timing, I'll start thinking about a motor fan.

My son finally broke a part on his buggy while racing. He was getting the crap beat out of him by other drivers running into him. Then he went off a pretty big jump and landed awkward on the back right tire and busted the a-arm. The think the others crashing into him cracked the arm then the jump broke it lose. I also have to change out the plastic drive bone sliders. They are pretty worn out now. How's your buggy going?

Back