Kyosho RB7ss Super Extra Fantastic Fun Time Build

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The clear is for the ball diff. The black is for the everything else. However, you must always remember one thing... all grease matters!

Attachments

• 20201111_213242.jpg
    20201111_213242.jpg
    294.4 KB · Views: 64
  • 20201111_211700.jpg
    20201111_211700.jpg
    272.2 KB · Views: 67
  • 20201111_213321.jpg
    20201111_213321.jpg
    195.9 KB · Views: 62
Thanks! Getting a little more done tonight

Attachments

• 20201112_203746.jpg
    20201112_203746.jpg
    343 KB · Views: 62
This is fun putting this stuff together. Very satisfying.

This is fun putting this stuff together. Very satisfying.

Is this the first kit you ever assembled? You will notice how tight the tolerances are as you put the parts together. One of the best fitting parts out of all the kits I have ever assembled.

Is this the first kit you ever assembled? You will notice how tight the tolerances are as you put the parts together. One of the best fitting parts out of all the kits I have ever assembled.
It is the first kit I have assembled. Everything lines up really great so far. I had my first oops tonight. GD ball cups needed to be different lengths on the stem. Looks like the motor mount is on deck for tomorrow! Gotta dig out the soldering iron soon.

It is the first kit I have assembled. Everything lines up really great so far. I had my first oops tonight. GD ball cups needed to be different lengths on the stem. Looks like the motor mount is on deck for tomorrow! Gotta dig out the soldering iron soon.

I waited until the very end to install the motor. Just in case there were any changes that needed to be made. It's also one thing less to deal with while flipping the car around to put more parts on.

The only thing I really don't like about the RB7 is mounting the steering servo. You have to get it perfectly straight before you install it. Otherwise, you will have to disassemble the front end to adjust the servo arm. Not a very convenient design. However, it's not like you have to remove the servo service it, so once it's in and adjusted, you can forget about it.

I waited until the very end to install the motor. Just in case there were any changes that needed to be made. It's also one thing less to deal with while flipping the car around to put more parts on.

The only thing I really don't like about the RB7 is mounting the steering servo. You have to get it perfectly straight before you install it. Otherwise, you will have to disassemble the front end to adjust the servo arm. Not a very convenient design. However, it's not like you have to remove the servo service it, so once it's in and adjusted, you can forget about it.
I was thinking about the servo this morning. I didn't power it up so it centered. I should probably do that now instead of later. I think my 8ight-t batteries will work on the controller. Looks like I have tonight's late evening entertainment planned out lol. I hope I can remove the horn without popping off the ball cup. I'm afraid I would snap them, they took some oomph to get on.

Well F me. One of the balls for the differential bounced away... they should give you a few extra of those haha

Well F me. One of the balls for the differential bounced away... they should give you a few extra of those haha

I hate that when it happens. I have actually had to run a couple races with a ball missing. I'm guessing your talking about the balls that go around the diff tightening screw. Those are extremely small. Whenever I build or disassemble my vehicles, I always lay out a white thin towel and have a strong magnet nearby. I haven't lost a part since I started doing that.

To Pop off the ball cap, it's not that bad. I just use a wide flathead screwdriver.

Those are the ones. I heard a "tink" and then nothing. Got out the vacuum, nothing. Ugh. Ordered the replacement, should be here Friday.

Thanks for the advice. Time to confiscate a white towel and dig out a speaker magnet!

I was out in my shop working on my quad when I looked over and saw my daughters unfinished RT7 build. I really need to get that done. I just have to stop crashing my motorcycles and hurting my self and damaging the motorcycle. I have way too many projects going right now.

I feel you on that end. So many projects.. only so much daylight. Better get on that RB7. My kiddo has been up my ass about finishing the car. She brought me every "ball" she could find in the house to replace the lost one.

LOL...
Try the football. It might work.
Do you anyone that races an RT6?

Ha! I don't know anyone that races an RT6. It is traxxas country around here..

On a side note, 100 1/16 bearing balls showed up today. I might use those if the kyosho branded ones don't show up this weekend.

LOL....
You ordered bearings from two different places? I would hold out for the Kyosho ones. I don't know what they are feeding the bearings for their diffs, but they last a really long time.

Traxxas country? They race Traxxas stadium trucks?

Yeah, I ordered some rando bearings at 2 am one night. Couldn't sleep so I was surfing the internets. Amazon has a lot of different bearings lol. I learned about different grades of bearings along with material makeup that night.

I just moved here about a month ago. I haven't been to any racing spots yet, but the local groups on FB are predominantly traxxas owners. Slash's and Revo's seem very popular. Quite a few crawlers as well. The two LHS within an hour drive are VERY traxxas heavy on items they stock. I asked about hard case shorty lipos and got a "huh?"

@AClegg What are your thoughts on the B74.1D? Thinking about getting a 4WD dirt buggy lol.

News on a different front, thrust bearing should be in today. One was lost in the mail.. ordered another one.

Back