Kyosho KE25SP change to back plate

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cliffst3rz

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I have a KE25SP engine i use a bump box to start so I do not need the pull start on it anymore is it worth me swaping to a sealed back plate and doing away with the pull start will i get more power do u thin or just keep it on as no point spending cash if i dont need to

Attachments

• PXL_20220626_134503986.jpg
    PXL_20220626_134503986.jpg
    299.1 KB · Views: 54
I don't think the difference is noticeable unless they're side by side in a competitive environment and that's the only difference between them.

What you will notice is a bash session ending, or possibly never even starting, because the bump box was flat/wheel wouldn't engage, etc.

It's another point of failure that can ruin the day all by itself- I've seen it happen, to someone that brought  two RC's, both bump-start only.

You aren't going to gain much with that engine as it uses a ratchet system rather than a power robbing OWB. Like mentioned, you're just complicating things by using a bump start for little gain.

i was just gonna bump box it as all race others are only bump box never had a pull start engine b4

Back