Kyosho GS11X, strange engine

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fstnd

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hello, yesterday I bought it and now I'm just disassembling it. Strange design of this Kyosho GS11X?? Not only the pullstarter but there is a small hole in the backplate startershaft:is this supposed to lubricate the pullstart?? Seems kinda strange to me, especially because the pull starter isn't sealed in any way.
1000013244.jpg

Just a pic of the engine from the inside. It feels cute😂, never had such small smallblock
1000013242.jpg

Edit: just got to the cylinder. Could this be a ABN cylinder? Or still ABC?
1000013247.jpg

Last edited:
Hi, I had and tested this engine many years ago: that hole is for lubricating the starter's one-way bearing I honestly don't remember, but like all pull starters, a little mixture goes through and wets the lanyard and starter cap.

74301ex.jpg

5D3C5D3B-2A1D-483D-A776-96009F265B13.jpeg

Hi, I had and tested this engine many years ago: that hole is for lubricating the starter's one-way bearing I honestly don't remember, but like all pull starters, a little mixture goes through and wets the lanyard and starter cap.

View attachment 169966
View attachment 169967
So it's all fine, thanks a lot. And I take my words back, this engine makes the nice popping sound like every other when spinning it without a cooling head, indicating that it is somehow sealed👍. Just put the GS11X is in my CEN sp1 gp. First time running this engine and chassis, so I just have to mess a bit with the linkages and I'll test it soon🙂

Back