Kyosho Car Identification HELP! Please :)

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fatbrad

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I've bought a Kyosho Inferno off of a well know auction site. I knew it needed some spares but I'm struggling to work out what model it is. Is there anyway to work out what model it is?
I know I need a front drive shaft for it. And based on the horrendous colour scheme a new body shell and wing for it. It also needs a Servo Horn set for the brake. The carb is a slide carb. It looks like an Inferno MP7.5 sport based on the colours and Pullstart Engine (GS21 on the side) but it has a stabilising bracket to the rear wing which is on the MP6

20220901_143041.jpg

It is an MP6. MP7.5 and 777 has dual radio boxes.

Will the brake/throttle linkage on any other Infernos fit? I think I may need a clutch and brakes too.

It is an MP6. MP7.5 and 777 has dual radio boxes.
I'm pretty sure its an MP5. The MP6 has spots on the linkages to put a wrench on it, the MP5 does not. The kit in the above pic does not have the wrench turnbuckles. That being said other than that I can't tell any difference between the MP5 and MP6, at least not from just looking at chassis pics. Is there something I'm missing that makes this kit an MP6 instead of an MP5?

I believe the Blue Aluminum kind of give it away unless the original owner spend all the money to upgrade.

Good point. Plus after looking at further pics online the turnbuckles I'm seeing on some of the linkages of the MP6 may just be an after market part because I was able to find a pic of an MP6 without those. So, yeah it does indeed seem to be an MP6.

Makes me wonder what the difference was in the MP5 and MP6 though cuz other than the color of aluminum they look like the same kit. 🤷‍♂️

The front drive shafts were what threw me. On the all the exploded diagrams I've seen from the 5 onwards they're UJ drive shafts. But this has the dog bone style ones that the 7.5sport has.

The front drive shafts were what threw me. On the all the exploded diagrams I've seen from the 5 onwards they're UJ drive shafts. But this has the dog bone style ones that the 7.5sport has.
You can try taking pictures from different angles and email them to Kyosho and ask them for help IDing it. I did that with OFNA once a long time ago and they were able to ID it in minutes.

I think it might be a 6 like you and Alfred have said. I think it needs new brake shoes as well as the list above. I'll try starting the engine tomorrow and hope that fires up.

Back