Kraton 6s vs tree

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ohhh, I KNOW that thunk quite well! Felt it in my bones. Surprisingly me and my son just laughed, usually some yelling involved after a bad crash.

Ohhh, I KNOW that thunk quite well! Felt it in my bones. Surprisingly me and my son just laughed, usually some yelling involved after a bad crash.
When I was 16 I built a Kyosho Javelin. I don't even remember what motor I put in it, but the old man "Joe" at the hobby shop sold me a Trinity motor that he said would "make it go crazy fast". On about my 3rd pack through the buggy I was coming towards myself and the car took a bounce and angled slightly towards an old rusty 55 gallon drum used to burn trash. I turned to avoid it, but with the buggy coming towards me, I turn the wrong way. The car stuffed itself through the rusty side of the trash can. I pulled it out, covered in burnt garbage and shook it off like nothing happened.

That buggy was also launched off the top of a high school gymnasium. It landed about the 4th row from the floor, bounced to the gym floor where I proceeded to leave spikey rubber streaks all over the basketball court 🤪

When I was 16 I built a Kyosho Javelin. I don't even remember what motor I put in it, but the old man "Joe" at the hobby shop sold me a Trinity motor that he said would "make it go crazy fast". On about my 3rd pack through the buggy I was coming towards myself and the car took a bounce and angled slightly towards an old rusty 55 gallon drum used to burn trash. I turned to avoid it, but with the buggy coming towards me, I turn the wrong way. The car stuffed itself through the rusty side of the trash can. I pulled it out, covered in burnt garbage and shook it off like nothing happened.

That buggy was also launched off the top of a high school gymnasium. It landed about the 4th row from the floor, bounced to the gym floor where I proceeded to leave spikey rubber streaks all over the basketball court 🤪
Wow, pretty tough buggy. Just finished rebuilding the front differential including replacing the housing and rear bracket and output cups and bending all the aluminum parts straight again. And replaced steering posts, ready to start swapping out the chassis. This has been a frustratingly intricate yet fun fix. Hopefully I don't find anymore broken parts.