knock-off trinity exhaust

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chickenman242

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I while back someone on here was asking about this exhaust setup and after a bit of thought I ebayed one and it just rocked up this arvo.
I must say for the $28 shipped I payed its not too bad a piece of gear ,the manifold is suited to a bb engine which suits me and plus it comes with all the gaskets and springs.
I am yet to try it out and as the genuine trinity pipe I bought is m.i.a this is the cheapest option I could come up with and hey if its crap well I'm only out $28:D

just fitted it up , overall its still making me smile but I guess the big test is on the road
fyi its mounted to a ofna force jl .28 max with a motorsaver filter 2.5 chassised revo running 17/36 wide ratio gearing.
few things that got the ocd ticking , no grub screw supplied for the hanger ,ill let that slide for the price and also I had to bend the header in towards the head a bit to clear the body post but I'm chalking that up to the fact I'm using one of racer's adaptors and that has pushed it out a bit
I used a traxxas bb hanger part #5423 with no issues what so ever.
and finally to get technical the outlet diameters are ,sb- 5.8mm bb-8.89mm
I would love to compare it to a legit trinity pipe if anyone has the specs
I think this thing is gonna be a bit loud....

The Trinity pipes were loud also. I am still running one on my Revo with my Picco .21. Out of all the pipes I have ran I like the Trinity the best. If this pipe works out for you let us know I will be purchasing one in the future. I'm guessing but I bet that the china company bought the patent and turned these out as a good knock off. These companies that used to make nitro stuff needs to start producing parts again.

I've had one fitted for afew months couped with the ofna manifold and its great, I removed the stinger once and it stalled on full throttle so tuning is required to go big bore with it but the idel gargle sounds nice. I've had the trinity genuine pipe and I do think the seals on the clone look pants in comparison but they havent split yet.

I tried to fit bb manifold but it fouled my roll cage I would like a better fit since the pipe hangs further out towards the wheel. I helped that out alittle with a buggy pipe stand I have no idea which rc the stand came from but its a perfect fit and lets me raise the pipe higher to clear the wheel on compression.

£15 I paid I'm very happy and got to keep rear face pipe bonus.

Back