king motors baja

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
does anyone have any opinions on king motors clone baja??

I have a Rovan, and would 100% recomend them or the king motor. No point in paying out the ass for a HPI in my opinion, theres no way there that superior to make them worth the extra cost.

thanks i think i am going to go with the baja 002. i dont understand why the hpi baja are so much more if they are pretty much the same thing. but i am going to take advantage of the low price!

I dont see how HPI can justify the price either. I was at Tractor supply last week and saw this for a little more than a baja, and this can haul my ass around!

I dont see how HPI can justify the price either. I was at Tractor supply last week and saw this for a little more than a baja, and this can haul my ass around!

Not sure how a $1,999 cart is a "little" more than a $900 Baja.

Most quality 8th scale buggies with motor will run you close to a grand and you still need radio equipment so the price of a Baja looks like a bargain.

There is no question why Rovan and KM are able to offer their clones so much cheaper. They did zero development and are probably using the same molds and machines in China that HPI uses. That's what HPI and other companies get for having their stuff made in China instead of the USA.

I personally don't care whether a person has and HPI or one of the clones as long as they are into 5th scale and having fun. Go big or go home!

Last edited: