Losi tenacity

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gabecope714

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hi what’s up everyone so I have the Losi tenacity db pro I think that’s what it is called.
I’m trying to make it go faster because it’s not that quick out of the box.
Just wanted to see what everyone thought was the best option ? I mean besides a. Bigger motor and if so which one should I go with ? Thanks
Already running 3s

Last edited:
Before you buy a new motor , I would go with the next bigger pinion gear. When you do go up however, keep an eye out on the motor temps because it will run hotter.
You can also buy pinion gear sets which allows you to find the sweet spot.

like tuned said Id go up in pinion size I would not just go up 1 Id go up 2 or 3 more teeth..it comes with a 3150 kv motor 550 size so it is a little beefier than a 540 size,,your only running 2 cell lipo right op? ir temp gun is your friend..do the ole 30 seconds of run time then check motor temps

The simplest thing to do is go 3S.

Hi what’s up everyone so I have the Losi tenacity db pro I think that’s what it is called.
I’m trying to make it go faster because it’s not that quick out of the box.
Just wanted to see what everyone thought was the best option ? I mean besides a. Bigger motor and if so which one should I go with ? Thanks
I'm already running 3s
like tuned said Id go up in pinion size I would not just go up 1 Id go up 2 or 3 more teeth..it comes with a 3150 kv motor 550 size so it is a little beefier than a 540 size,,your only running 2 cell lipo right op? ir temp gun is your friend..do the ole 30 seconds of run time then check motor temps

running 3s

and its slow ok now what gears..?
you want this rock hopper to do what 60mph...ok I run a 3100 kv with a 24/52 on my losi scte and I do almost 52 mph....

and its slow ok now what gears..?
you want this rock hopper to do what 60mph...ok I run a 3100 kv with a 24/52 on my losi scte and I do almost 52 mph....
The truck he is referring to if I’m correct is the Losi Tenacity DB Pro which is the buggy version of the tenacity series. There’s the buggy and the short course truck. My buddy Wes had one that went 90mph on 4s. Not trying to poke or anything just clarifying what he meant.

I would also recommend a gearing change. And if that doesn’t do it, I would either go with a Hobbywing 10BL120 G2 combo to run 4s or the Hobbywing 8BL150 G2 to run 6s. Those are the cheapest name brand combos out there and they pack a punch.

The truck he is referring to if I’m correct is the Losi Tenacity DB Pro which is the buggy version of the tenacity series. There’s the buggy and the short course truck. My buddy Wes had one that went 90mph on 4s. Not trying to poke or anything just clarifying what he meant.

I would also recommend a gearing change. And if that doesn’t do it, I would either go with a Hobbywing 10BL120 G2 combo to run 4s or the Hobbywing 8BL150 G2 to run 6s. Those are the cheapest name brand combos out there and they pack a punch.
Yeah correct the buggy version. I mean it’s fast but I just want some more punch out of it. Idk maybe I’m just being under appreciative . I used to have the arma kraton 6s and that thing used to do standing backflips haha

2 different rc the arrma vs losi...but do whatever.you see i know what rc it was dont require D to inform me..

Could I run 4s on my car ? Or is that too much ? Will it get to hot ?

I'm sure somewhere, in this RC world, somebody has put a 4S pack onboard. Just remember, if doing a 4S LiPo Tenacity build, a lower Kv motor will be in your best interest. I'd personally look at something in the 2000kv-ish realm of things if I were to attempt such a task. Heck, I run a 1700kv motor/4S combo in my 1/8 scale buggy. I don't need all out speed for 100' long straightaway. YMMV. I'd have to research power handling of drivetrain as well. You wanting a Tenacity to do what your Kraton did... asking a bit much from the platform if you ask me. Even if the Tenacity can kind of handle gobs of power, the wear-n-tear factor needs to be taken into consideration.

Good luck.

Could I run 4s on my car ? Or is that too much ? Will it get to hot ?
yeah.jpg

Everyone's driving style/environment is different. An infrared thermometer is a tool everyone should have in their RC arsenal. I'd read the Tenacity's ESC/motor manuals for specs, and recommended usage before attempting more voltage.

Last edited:
If it doesn’t seem that quick with 3S you have the wrong truck for the job in my opinion.

I'm sure somewhere, in this RC world, somebody has put a 4S pack onboard. Just remember, if doing a 4S LiPo Tenacity build, a lower Kv motor will be in your best interest. I'd personally look at something in the 2000kv-ish realm of things if I were to attempt such a task. Heck, I run a 1700kv motor/4S combo in my 1/8 scale buggy. I don't need all out speed for 100' long straightaway. YMMV. I'd have to research power handling of drivetrain as well. You wanting a Tenacity to do what your Kraton did... asking a bit much from the platform if you ask me. Even if the Tenacity can kind of handle gobs of power, the wear-n-tear factor needs to be taken into consideration.

Good luck.

View attachment 183656
Everyone's driving style/environment is different. An infrared thermometer is a tool everyone should have in their RC arsenal. I'd read the Tenacity's ESC/motor manuals for specs, and recommended usage before attempting more voltage.

Okay yeah I think I’m asking a bit much. Haha I went up a couple sizes on my pinion gear to 17 and I think it should work for me for now atleast. Until i get some money to make some bigger upgrades. Thanks appreciate the advice

Whatsup everyone , okay so my buggy’s front tires get speed wobbles not sure why.
If you could help me out ? Not sure if I just need to tighten my lower control arms or what ? But any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

Whatsup everyone , okay so my buggy’s front tires get speed wobbles not sure why.
If you could help me out ? Not sure if I just need to tighten my lower control arms or what ? But any advice would be appreciated. Thanks
The wheel balance could be off.

Also, wheel angles help prevent wobbles. If your front wheels are fairly straight, try a little toe out.