Ken Block conversion to a MERV

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Must be referring to the gymkhana you just acquired?

Just took the MGT out after I repaired the pull starter and man she rips!! can't get her to shift into 2nd to save my life...

I found that I had to really lean her out to get it to catch. Upwards of 1.5 turns at times. Shes got tons of power. Have fun with her.

yeah I was referring to the gymkhana. Not that I'm not happy with it but if the conversion is an easy 1 than I may do it as I've always wanted a MERV.

Arms, wheels, body mounts, bumpers, body. You might have to do something with the shocks for longer travel. That's all I could gather

Sent from my *PiMP Boy-3000*

Arms, wheels, body mounts, bumpers, body. You might have to do something with the shocks for longer travel. That's all I could gather

Sent from my *PiMP Boy-3000*

Shocks and rockers are the same. Everything else mentioned above is needed for the conversion.

Merv is slang for mini e-revo.

Ot- May have to pull and clean the tranny if I have to lean her too much, either way ill figure her out! can't believe she damn near pulls consistant wheelies with the factory needle settings. Might as well start a thead instead of doin it here lol

I'm pretty sure the arms are longer which will require longer push rods and toe links. I was looking at doing the same to my slash so let me know how it goes.

Not sure I'm gonna convert yet as I've been havin a blast drifting it out front of the house. Just that I've always been an offroad nut so when I'm playing around on the street I feel like I'm cheatin on my real addiction of dirt! Thanx for the replies guys!!

Buy the parts and switch to what ever you feel like driving that day, thats what I want to do.

Pics of this beast in action man I never got to run it so I didnt get the thrill.

I just finish some research on this so I can convert my Slash to Merv running gear, I won't have the body yet.

Revo A Arms F/R
Revo pushrods F/R
Revo tow links F/R
Revo body
Revo bumpers
Revo tires/wheels
Revo Drive Shaft Assembly

The body mounts are the same.

Last edited:
Hey I just had my cousin scoop me up a 1/16 slash today, I think the new suspension would look good with the SCT body too, I think once I bust something that's what I'd like to do as well...except for the revo body

I myself prefer the aftermarket bodies to the OEM. I've got a Beetle and an SVT Raptor for mine. Here's a picture of the Beetle on my mERV:

20120424_181501.jpg

I like it hamz9561 but I like the Jconcepts SCT lids just a bit more

The SVT Raptor is a nice lid, too. I just haven't taken any pics of it yet.