4wd to 2wd conversion

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpeedyBooty

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
  2. Crawling
  3. Scale Builder
Anyone know how I can convert my 4wd 1/10 drift car into a 2wd drift car? If its possible I'm looking to buy a gyro and other stuff for it

Yes you can add a gyro, either a external one, or one built into the receiver.

4wd to 2wd, depends on the car. But what i would say to do, delete the front diff, driveshafts, and center driveshaft and there you go, 2wd. My thinking is kind of like how the arrma 4x2 and 4x4 cars are. As there is a conversion kit for the 4x2 to convert to 4x4.

idk much about drifting soo. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
2wd has a tighter steering than 4wd I'm almost certain.

Yes you can add a gyro, either a external one, or one built into the receiver.

4wd to 2wd, depends on the car. But what i would say to do, delete the front diff, driveshafts, and center driveshaft and there you go, 2wd. My thinking is kind of like how the arrma 4x2 and 4x4 cars are. As there is a conversion kit for the 4x2 to convert to 4x4.

idk much about drifting soo. 🤷‍♂️
Do you know where I could find like a universal diagram to get a basis on what I'm doing

2wd has a tighter steering than 4wd I'm almost certain.
Just because of this issue I wouldn't do it, simply get a RWD that is purposely designed with proper geometry to avoid frustration and disappointment.

Consider RedCat for a decent budget option:
https://www.amainhobbies.com/redcat...-2wd-drift-car-builders-kit-rer16205/p1475576

1695599303507.png