Just had an earthquake in Norcal

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sweetdiesel

aka SouRGassssssss
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Wife and I were standing outside and just saw the entire house shake and creak. Both looked at each other and said "OH S***!" Not bad, a 5.6 on the Richter scale. Epicenter was about 5 miles from my house. We haven't a bad one in a while. Checked on the kids and my 2 year old was a little shaken up. Whew!

Damn, maby socal is in for one then to. Time to take the glass insulaters off my shelf over my bead lol.

Bryson

Rock N Roll. Gotta have some pressure relief now and again or the big one will hit.

Didn't feel a thing here in Napa.

See you guys in the north thought you were clear cause the fires didn't get to ya! ;)

I have a couple brothers and parents that live in the area but all the phone lines are jammed so I can't call to make sure they are OK. Thankfully there were no aftershocks. And strangely enough, my youngest one that wakes up at the slightest hint of noise in the house slept right through it.

Jet I'll take earthquakes over a fire any day.

Glad to hear everybody is ok.. I've never felt anything like that. The closest thing (and only thing like that) I've experienced was this year we had a very small (like 1.3 or something silly like that) quake here in NE Ohio. The center was in the next town over but my wife and I both felt it. It was like a freakin' movie in my neighborhood. I walked outside in my pajamas and looked around and noticed EVERYBODY else was outside lookin around like "What was that?" My first thought was a plane or heli went down nearby. NE Ohio isn't really known for stuff like that. It was kinda cool.

I didn't feel a lick and I'm in Northern California. Although, I think this area is due for one sooner or later. I just hope it doesn't set off Mt Lassen or Shasta.

I didn't feel a lick and I'm in Northern California. Although, I think this area is due for one sooner or later. I just hope it doesn't set off Mt Lassen or Shasta.

i didnt feel nutting here in Mi. lol not to make lite of it, glad everyone is dandy.

i heard N OH had an lil one a while back, didnt feel that one either.

whats really kind of amazing is there is a HUGE LONG fault running next to the Mississippi River and it has been static for the most part of a few thousand yrs.

the word is if that fault ever let one rip, the whole country would be effected quite severly.

and i would agree. shake before bake anyday. unless bake involves a bong or Brownies. lol

Spoke to the neighbors and got a hold of the rest of the family. Everybody is fine. It felt pretty big but there was no damage anywhere. Like Rob said it's good to have these smaller ones to relieve the pressure.

I didnt feel a thing here either.
My brother in SJ was wiping the skid marks from his shorts when I called him.
We had one about 6-7 months back that was about the same in size.
It isnt fun.

What shakes me up the most, is that Eddy has a brother. (must there be another like him)?
Anyway, I am glad that you are all ok, and that nothing is damaged.
Earthquakes make me nervous.

Glad all's ok. Saw it on the news and doesn't look like too much damage. Those things are just too freaky. Went through 3 small ones when I lived in OC. Glad all's ok, SD.

Ill take a earthquake over a frigin tornado any day though. Oh and if I didnt say it before ill say it now, glad everyone is ok.

Bryson

Wow... that has to be really freaky having to go through that. I am glad nobody was hurt and there was no damage. Man, mother nature has a way of letting us know who is boss.

The quake is the talk of the office today. Everyone I spoke to did not have any damage, at most just a few pictures falling off mantles but that's about it. I'm just glad it was nothing like Northridge or the '89 Loma Prieta quake where roads and bridges were damaged.

Man, mother nature has a way of letting us know who is boss.

Amen to that!

Last edited:
Back