jr r-1

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

td-civ

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
about a year or so ago i got a jr r-1 pro off a guy here good guy he even gave me a jr r200 receiver with it i have not used it till last weekend because the car i was going to use it with i sold at the time when i got this radio.
i got brand new jr fm Crystals for it everythings powers up but thats it.
the controler did come with a pcm module that clips on the back so I'm thinking thats why i will not work because the receiver is not pcm.
its been some time now for me in rc and i just got a tnx and i want to use this radio on the tnx.
can some one help me out

Last edited:
Ok, i can hardly understand your post. However what your saying is you turn on your TX and RX, however when you enter a comand on the COntroller the receiver does not respond?

receiver does not respond at all but it dose power up did the jr r-1 come stock with the pcm module or no and di i have to get a receiver that is pcm too

you can change the modulation .. while the radio is off HOLD mode and turn it on.. and you will be in a new menu.. and on the bottom there is a option called modulation just go into it and change that model your in to PPM and it will work with a normal FM Rx that is compatable with a Jr radio...

Hope it works..

no go i tryed that still will not work

so even with the pcm module it should still work i guess i need a new receiver what would be the best one to go with

NO it will not work...If you have a PPM mod In your TX you will need a PPM RX..Switching Modes will not work...
Same as HRS or PCM..
The Mod and the RX has to be the same..You can not mix them.

Its like trying too use a FM TX with a AM RX...

ya i didnt think so the pcm module came with it and the receiver did too that sucks

how much will it cost me to get a pcm receiver?

jr R330 3-Ch PCM RX is what i need i realy what to stick with jr because i have the dsc cord too

Last edited:
ZANDOR said:
Well no pcm I do have 2 HRS RX's

this suck is there a place where i can just get a new module or if some one has one i realy dont need to run pcm and I'm having a hard time finding a 3ch pcm receiver

td I know a guy that had some for sale, I'll ask him if he still has them and how much. I'll let you know when I know.

ok well why will it not work the recevier is the one the controler comes with stock but i dont think the pcm module that clips to the back of the controler did no come stock

vbgagnon

if it a receiver that will work with my controler and pcm module sweet thanks

Last edited:
The r1 comes with the 330 not the 200. The 200 is a 2 channel reciever and the r1 transmits 3.

i looked and asked jr them self it came with the r200 the r330s was a upgrade thats why i think the pcm module was not stock

Thats odd.

The guy has 1 pcm module
2 pcm recievers
3 sets of xtals
1 spare batt tray
1 spare wheel

He said open to reasonable offers, but I asked a price anyway.

is he willing to sell me just a pcm receiver thats all i need unless the price is right