JQ Products "The Car"

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ozziii

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I decided yesterday that I wanted another 1/8 nitro buggy, so today I purchased 'The Car" from A Main Hobbies, should be here in Australia next week so that will be good. I like my Revo but have wanted another buggy for ages.
I only got the RTR version but for a RTR its pretty good compared to alot of others & all the upgrades from the pro kit version will fit on, can't wait to get it here & test it out, just wish there was a few clubs closer to me, closest one is 130 kilometre's. But I will race when I get the chance.

I actually almost bought the same buggy myself but opted for the hpi trophy buggy instead because it was on sale at tower hobbies at the time. Keep us updated on the performance and durability of it when you get it broke in.

Yeah they seem to be a good buggy, & them HPI buggies look to be pretty good as well, I think most HPI stuff is pretty good isn't it.
From what I've heard & seen, these JQ buggies are pretty strong & go quite well, mine should be here next week so hopefully I can get it run in & tuned soon after.
Then get a few upgrades from the pro kit for it.

I've got more in mine than planned so far. I just ordered new ofna big bore 16mm aluminum shocks and a aluminum chassis brace for the rear. Also had to upgrade both servos off the bat. New proline M3 Caliber tires and white dish wheels. So the $389 rtr price has jumped to $608 so far but i love the buggy. I'm sure i will be sinking more into upgrades as i can too.

---------- Post added at 9:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 9:16 AM ----------

Thank all for EBAY!!!!

I hope they ironed out all the kinks with The Car since its initial release. I havent kept up with it but there were a lot of quality control issues with the first run of them.

Finally the nitro buggy arrived today, it all looks pretty good so far but haven't really gone right over it just yet. Everything seems to be in good order though from what I have seen & all parts look well finished & the fit is very good to. I'm pretty impressed so far. Over the next couple of days I will check all screws/bolts etc & wack some threadlock on the ones that need it. So far so good though, can't wait to check it over & get it fired up.

Killer Buggy

I decided yesterday that I wanted another 1/8 nitro buggy, so today I purchased 'The Car" from A Main Hobbies, should be here in Australia next week so that will be good. I like my Revo but have wanted another buggy for ages.
I only got the RTR version but for a RTR its pretty good compared to alot of others & all the upgrades from the pro kit version will fit on, can't wait to get it here & test it out, just wish there was a few clubs closer to me, closest one is 130 kilometre's. But I will race when I get the chance.

Your going to be 100% satisfied with the buggy, the adjustability of the buggy is endless. in my opinion there the best out there right now... just my .02 worth Jesse

Hey Jesse, your right, I'm more than happy with it & glad its what I decided on.
I have added new oil to the shocks, adjusted the suspension set up a little & just put a new pro clutch kit in it, just have to give it a run now to see what difference it makes. I also just received the new universal drive shafts but haven't fitted them yet.
The engine seems to have plenty of power for an rtr type engine & is easy to tune as well which is really good.
As like any rtr car, the servo's are ok for the job but I will upgrade when I get a chance & put in some better Savox units & get a better radio set as well but atm the new kit will get the new stuff.

I liked the JQ rtr that much that I have just purchased the Yellow addition pro kit to build, got it from JT Concepts NZ. The January special price made it a little easier on the pocket so it was a good time to lash out.

I see that your on RC Tech as well, the support from JQ Products on there is great, second to none & I would recommend this buggy to anyone, either the rtr version or the Yellow edition pro kit.
I like how you can post a video of your car on the track & they will look at it & help with set ups, never heard of any other rc manufacturer offering that kind of support.