Jlb cheetah will only go forward with no brakes

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mrkool

RC Newbie
Reaction score
So something happened to my old ESC I think I over ran it or something it got over heated and started to smoke. i knew the days of the esc were numbered any way so I ordered a QuicRun 120. Got it installed also got the programming card but when I plug the programming card it says linked but dies not show me the settings. I reset the ESC and it will go forward with no brakes and turn. I have followed the ESC guide so many times but I can’t figure it out. I reversed the channels and can get the car to go backwards but than loose Forward. Emailed HobbyWing and they sent me a long pre written email about how it is not the ESC that is bad. i don’t want to unmount and return the ESC is it is something I am doing wrong any way so any help is Appreciated.

So something happened to my old ESC I think I over ran it or something it got over heated and started to smoke. i knew the days of the esc were numbered any way so I ordered a QuicRun 120. Got it installed also got the programming card but when I plug the programming card it says linked but dies not show me the settings. I reset the ESC and it will go forward with no brakes and turn. I have followed the ESC guide so many times but I can’t figure it out. I reversed the channels and can get the car to go backwards but than loose Forward. Emailed HobbyWing and they sent me a long pre written email about how it is not the ESC that is bad. i don’t want to unmount and return the ESC is it is something I am doing wrong any way so any help is Appreciated.
Are the motor wires plugged in correctly?

I was told that It is a non sensor motor so the wires can be plugged in any order. I have tried different combinations and I can get the motor to spin forward or backward but not both ways.

The reverse sounds like its disabled in the ESC. The ESC needs to be programmed. Does your programming card say its for Quickrun ESCs on the front of it?

I always just program them with the button on the ESC. The Hobbywing manuals explaining how to do that are a bit Chingrishy. So give me a minute and I will see if I can hash out the cheat code.

Ok,
Make sure throttle trim is at neutral. Press and hold button on ESC for 3 seconds. Red and green light should flash simultaneously. The ESC will be reset.

Turn off the ESC

Hold the button while turning on the ESC

The red LED will start flashing

Release button

Press the button one press at a time and watch the red LED after each press. When it flashes twice after you press it, turn off the ESC. That will put it in Fwd/Rev/Brake mode

Screenshot_20211026-132828_Drive.jpg

Last edited:
zero all trims out.now calibrate esc to radio..might also rebind rx to radio 1st.. is motor also censored? unless it censored it will not work correctly with a noncensored motor

zero all trims out.now calibrate esc to radio..might also rebind rx to radio 1st.. is motor also censored? unless it censored it will not work correctly with a noncensored motor
I told my motor the first day no profanity so it does not need to be censored 😂Motor is not sensored though. I did zero all trims not sure about how to resync the radio will try looking it up.
Also Is the fan suppose to run full speed all the time?

I told my motor the first day no profanity so it does not need to be censored 😂Motor is not sensored though. I did zero all trims not sure about how to resync the radio will try looking it up.
Also Is the fan suppose to run full speed all the time?
The fans are always full speed, they have no controller. Also, the RC is usually far from you when you’re using it, you won’t really notice the noise.

Back