It's Alive - Kevin Talbots 1:1 Monster

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WickedFog

Starter of too many projects
Supporter
Excellence Award
Hospitality Award
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
  3. Scale Builder
I know some people think Kevin Talbot is a tool, but to me, he is a really talented guy. And watching him build this truck from the ground up over the years has showed just how talented he is. And I am happy to see he finally got it running. This has been a very interesting build to watch, because I just love monster trucks.

Still annoying. I give 2 shits I’ll take mine and give him the second one

I like his channel.

And I applaud him for what he has achieved. How many of us would like to drive RC cars for a living? I know I would! :cool:

Also, he is quite the handy guy. Seen him tapping out threads, fabricating things for his monster truck. So he is not a faffy guy who can only drive and review RC cars. He is also a good DIY guy.

One thing I don't like on his channel is when he is at that Arc raceway. What a horrible excuse for a track IMHO. In much need of some TLC. Or is that how its supposed to be? 🤨

I been to the worst tracks in my life time and let me tell you 200 mph on sketchy road will have you white knuckled quick.

I like his channel.

And I applaud him for what he has achieved. How many of us would like to drive RC cars for a living? I know I would! :cool:

Also, he is quite the handy guy. Seen him tapping out threads, fabricating things for his monster truck. So he is not a faffy guy who can only drive and review RC cars. He is also a good DIY guy.

One thing I don't like on his channel is when he is at that Arc raceway. What a horrible excuse for a track IMHO. In much need of some TLC. Or is that how its supposed to be? 🤨
Yeah, that RC track is horrible. I think he mentioned he wants to find a piece of property big enough he can build his own track. But finding property over there is next to impossible.

Yeah, that RC track is horrible. I think he mentioned he wants to find a piece of property big enough he can build his own track. But finding property over there is next to impossible.
That would be awesome.

I for one really like those hard compacted dirt tracks. Or even a normal dirt track.

That carpet lookin things seems horrible after a few years.

I can't wait to see him drive the monster truck for real for the first time. But I just know he's going to crash it 🤪

Kevin can build his own monster truck but grasping tuning the simplest internal combustion engine with nitro is his weak area.

I could go either way with Talbot depending on my mood. I've been following his build on the monster truck and I'm glad he has it running.
I don't care about the advertisements he has added to his videos.

I know some people think Kevin Talbot is a tool, but to me, he is a really talented guy. And watching him build this truck from the ground up over the years has showed just how talented he is. And I am happy to see he finally got it running. This has been a very interesting build to watch, because I just love monster trucks.
I love this build!! i've watched kevin near the beginning!! amazing guy.
truly fascinating ^w^

Love a good cackle-fest. Thumbs up mate.

Takes me back to the mid-'60s when I helped 'Doc' build a AA/FD in his garage from the ground up. Nothing beats a first time fire-up.

Love a good cackle-fest. Thumbs up mate.

Takes me back to the mid-'60s when I helped 'Doc' build a AA/FD in his garage from the ground up. Nothing beats a first time fire-up.
Recall what powered it?
331 hemi? 409?

Rat Motor 396cu.in. GM warranty iron blocks from the early days when the #1 main spun. GM provided aluminum heads used in the Chaparral sports-racing project. GMC 6-71 blower with Enderle injection. One of the first blowers to use teflon lined rotors, aka Van Luven rotors. Mark William's Racing Denver-made chassis #4.

Attaching a surviving photo. Me with the car in my (much) younger days, Denver, 1966.

Not to drift too far off topic, Kevin's post here put the hook in me to change my MT10 project to full MT instead of speed MT10. Cheers. 'AC'

Attachments

• 20220518_090217_resize RCT.jpg
    20220518_090217_resize RCT.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
Rat Motor 396cu.in. GM warranty iron blocks from the early days when the #1 main spun. GM provided aluminum heads used in the Chaparral sports-racing project. GMC 6-71 blower with Enderle injection. One of the first blowers to use teflon lined rotors, aka Van Luven rotors. Mark William's Racing Denver-made chassis #4.

Attaching a surviving photo. Me with the car in my (much) younger days, Denver, 1966.

Not to drift too far off topic, Kevin's post here put the hook in me to change my MT10 project to full MT instead of speed MT10. Cheers. 'AC'
I miss them old Detroits. 71s and 92s.

As for kevin, I dont watch too many of his, or anyone elses videos. It seems they put on a fake front and try to hype you up, I'm not into that.

Gonna watch this video when I get home. I thought it would never run. I've seen cars go into garages to be built., only to sit in parts or get sold in the middle.

Last edited:
I could go either way with Talbot depending on my mood. I've been following his build on the monster truck and I'm glad he has it running.
I don't care about the advertisements he has added to his videos.
It's been a crazy build. I learned quite a bit about monster trucks just watching Kevin build this one, and I thought I already knew quite a bit about them. I used to drive right past Tom Meent's place in Illinois going to work every day. This was before he was really famous. I used to love seeing the truck out there. And there was a garage here in town that built a really cool one. You could feel the ground shake when they fired it up.

I have yet to attend a monster truck show but there was one a few years ago at a circle race track we go to once in a while. The race is called Eve Of Destruction and has several different events like a monster truck jump.

I have yet to attend a monster truck show but there was one a few years ago at a circle race track we go to once in a while. The race is called Eve Of Destruction and has several different events like a monster truck jump.
If you want to see them, it's gotta be at Monster Jam. The backwoods fairground shows never really impress. The guys that take their trucks to those - that's their baby. They ain't gonna put a scratch on it. At least that's how they are here. At Monster Jam, they bash the hell out of them.