It has arrived! SCX24 Deadbolt

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got a couple 3d printed wheel designs going. I think I like the front one best. Whatcha think? Oh, and got the Mudsligers on. Love these tires. Super sticky!
20210808_142546.jpg

Going to have to cut the body a bit to clear these new tires, but not much. I may try to do some fender flares for it.

Looks great! I kinda like the rear wheel, but that all comes down to personal taste. Fender flares might be cool.

Looks great! I kinda like the rear wheel, but that all comes down to personal taste. Fender flares might be cool.
The rear ones are a bit trickier to print due to all the starts and stops the printer has to do. That being said, it is still one of the best wheels I have ever printed on the first try. These tiny wheels are just a pain if the printer is not dialed in.

These are probably just temporary anyway as I plan to buy some aluminum wheels with brass rings. Just haven't decided on which ones yet.

The rear ones are a bit trickier to print due to all the starts and stops the printer has to do. That being said, it is still one of the best wheels I have ever printed on the first try. These tiny wheels are just a pain if the printer is not dialed in.

These are probably just temporary anyway as I plan to buy some aluminum wheels with brass rings. Just haven't decided on which ones yet.
Dude sweet rims. You make it so hard not to order printer every day. The front ones look clean and sweet. Has a little more detailed with the 8 spoke👍👍👍. The rears look good. But almost looks like a solid dish rims, with the tiny holes.Any chance or way to make the holes any bigger. On those? I'm sure there is. LOL Just my opinion

Honestly, I'm not a fan of red rims....but that's just me. I'd go with the ever popular black and silver........but that's just me.
Those rear wheel designs would be my preference.

Honestly, I'm not a fan of red rims....but that's just me. I'd go with the ever popular black and silver........but that's just me.
The plan was to paint them black. I left a small raised lip on the outer edge to sand off to expose the red. But am also thinking of printing them in some silver filament. The red is just what I have on the printer from the tool stand project.
Dude sweet rims...
Any chance or way to make the holes any bigger. On those? I'm sure there is. LOL Just my opinion
Thanks. Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. If I print more of these I will probably bump the hole size up and go two rows instead of three. As it is, the holes are already too close together for the printer to do a good job. It has to print .4mm wide paths, and the holes are barely .8mm apart. So increasing the hole size would make the printer leave a gap between the holes, basically separating the rim in two.

Having put together treals, rc4wd, injoras, and some early printed shakas, I'd say the treals are the easiest. They let my slingers slip, but they've held the rock locks just fine. The rc4wd steel wagons are a pain to assemble, but bombproof after. I haven't put enough time on the injoras to give any decent feedback, but they went together fairly well. The shakas were cake to assemble, but don't weigh enough for crawling. They're on a bouncer build now.

Having put together treals, rc4wd, injoras, and some early printed shakas, I'd say the treals are the easiest. They let my slingers slip, but they've held the rock locks just fine. The rc4wd steel wagons are a pain to assemble, but bombproof after. I haven't put enough time on the injoras to give any decent feedback, but they went together fairly well. The shakas were cake to assemble, but don't weigh enough for crawling. They're on a bouncer build now.
Thanks for the info. I think you said before the Treals don't lock the bead very well on the Mudslingers. But I really like them. You ever tried putting a shim of some sort behind the bead? There are some wheels on Amazon by Mr Aluminum that have really good reviews and look great. I thought about trying them. I have a set of 1.55 RC4WD wagons and I love them, but yeah, they are a ##### to assemble.

The wheels are my next upgrade, along with the front diff cover and front spindles. I think that will get the weight where it should perform well enough to climb yhe hilks outside. Still need to test it with the Mudslingers.

Soory was driving home from Baltimore ...Yeah I didn't think you would keep red. Would throw everything off. Figured it was a prototype. Those holes are tight WOW You couldn't just go with 3 big holes? Almost like the toxic symbol? Sorry can't draw for 💩💩

Attachments

• 16284676627932650951447238953409.jpg
    16284676627932650951447238953409.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 29
  • Screenshot_20210808-200258_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20210808-200258_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 30
Soory was driving home from Baltimore ...Yeah I didn't think you would keep red. Would throw everything off. Figured it was a prototype. Those holes are tight WOW You couldn't just go with 3 big holes? Almost like the toxic symbol? Sorry can't draw for 💩💩
Oh, I could model the toxic symbol in there easy enough. I basically just printed these wheels to get the mudslingers on there to try out on the terrain outside. The truck is just not getting enough traction in the loose sand with the stock tires. Plus I just love designing and the challenge if printing wheels. They are one of the more difficult things to print well 🤪

I already blew way past my budget this month with the diorama tables (after changing the design the cost went to $70 each plus $20 delivery), another SCX24, and a bunch of other crap. So proper weighted wheels will have to wait til next month.

@WickedFog Gives you something to look forward to, slow and steady just like a crawler, keeps it fun. No need to rush.

I think the biohazard symbol rims would be kind cool. :)

Oh, I could model the toxic symbol in there easy enough. I basically just printed these wheels to get the mudslingers on there to try out on the terrain outside. The truck is just not getting enough traction in the loose sand with the stock tires. Plus I just love designing and the challenge if printing wheels. They are one of the more difficult things to print well 🤪

I already blew way past my budget this month with the diorama tables (after changing the design the cost went to $70 each plus $20 delivery), another SCX24, and a bunch of other crap. So proper weighted wheels will have to wait til next month.

Least you were able to make the changes.. And get them done how you wanted them.. parts are all in due time nothing is on a dead line. And your still able to crawl. And got new /24. And new crawler tables. Sounds like a good month to me bud... 👍👍

I'm sacred to ask XRAYCER.. About the radiation symbols. meaning to him ???🤣🤣🤣

I don't know but it looks like it belongs to a Saudi Sheik!

Just never thought it could happen! There isn't enough milk in the world to protect us! :eek: :eek:
It's an SCX24 😜

received_1149297982147790.jpeg

received_567252321197778.jpeg

received_528926555040645.jpeg