Is this a good car to start the hobby

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you referring to the Raptor buggy made by Acme? I would never recommend anything made by Acme!

+1 to this. Stay with the reputable companies. HPI-Traxxas-Associated , just to name a few.

I know this comes a little late but my first buggy was a Kyosho inferno MP 7.5 with the GX21 engine(I think they call it the kyosho Neo now) It was pretty good, well built and the engine went for a good 6 gallons. I think a good 1/8th buggy would be good to start with.

+1 to this. Stay with the reputable companies. HPI-Traxxas-Associated , just to name a few.
I'm with you there....

I know this comes a little late but my first buggy was a Kyosho inferno MP 7.5 with the GX21 engine(I think they call it the kyosho Neo now) It was pretty good, well built and the engine went for a good 6 gallons. I think a good 1/8th buggy would be good to start with.
Mine was hpi trophy 3.5, It took one hell of a lot of crashing and I never broke anything serious!

acme sucks IMO
Agreed.

Kyosho does make good stuff, they just tend to be a bit pricey and the parts support here in the US has been spotty.

Kyosho does make good stuff, they just tend to be a bit pricey and the parts support here in the US has been spotty.

I would suggest that you get a kit and build it yourself. Unless you just don't have the time or can't be bothered to build. By building a kit yourself you would be in a much better position to address issues (broken parts) down the road. Not to mention kits are less expensive for higher quality components. Granted you will still need a motor, electronics, glow ignitor (should come with battery), starter box, battery for starter box (unless you go with pull/rotary start motor). Last but not least a good charging station for your batteries (a digital charger that can charge all battery types). Some of the better digital chargers can even charge multiple batteries at the same time, a huge plus. Which ever direction you go, have fun.

Oops !
I have brushless Raptor and i am happy with it :)

Oops !
I have brushless Raptor and i am happy with it :)
This is what I like to call "One size fits most" everyone will have different personal experiences with any hobby. We can only speak in generalities in most cases based off of the majority reactions. I'm glad that when people are happy with their RCs regardless of what kind they are :)

This is what I like to call "One size fits most" everyone will have different personal experiences with any hobby. We can only speak in generalities in most cases based off of the majority reactions. I'm glad that when people are happy with their RCs regardless of what kind they are :)
Even if it isn't a hobby grade? <Evil Grin>

Back