Is the HTRC C150 good?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pug

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
I want to upgrade from a Traxxas EZ-Peak Plus, if you have any other recommendations for chargers under $60 usd, let me know!

I've seen it on Hobbykings website but I've never heard of the brand. Looks ok.

No, i don’t have any Traxxas ID batteries, i bought the charger because I was new to RCs at the time, lol.
Lol. Sometimes I wonder where tnt gets his assumptions from. It's like they appear out of thin air 😉

Last edited:
I just read the post is all. if op would have listed more no need for me to waste my time far better chargers than that if he has a ps that will give a charger enough volts/amps to run others

I just read the post is all. if op would have listed more no need for me to waste my time far better chargers than that if he has a ps that will give a charger enough volts/amps to run others
When you are down in the $60 range of chargers, there really aren't any good options. Just ones that will get you by. I have 3 here that I will never use again. We need to have a Goodwill for RC stuff lol. I could donate a lot of things that are still useful to newcomers, but just aren't worth shipping.

Well, here is the charger, it has some mixed reviews, I also found another one here.

Well, here is the charger, it has some mixed reviews, I also found another one here.
Not a bad deal on the HTRC since it comes with an adaptor cable and charging bag. The Imax B6 has been the entry level charger of choice for beginners for a long time, but it is one that is also cloned the most. I bought 2 of them that were both crap. I don't remember how you tell the knockoffs from the real ones anymore.

If you can save up a little more money, you can get a charger that will last you for years, vs one that you are going to use as a paperweight if you get further into the hobby. But if money is a problem, get the HTRC.

Another option i found is the Ultra Power UP60AC, my cousin owns one, he has had it for a year now and it hasn’t ever had any issues, it’s around $50 - $60. It should work for me since I don’t use anything larger than 3s. UP60AC

The HTRC is far better than that one.

One thing about those cheap chinese chargers is you won't be able to check your internal resistance on your batteries. So you will have no idea when your batteries are starting to go bad other than the battery puffing, or a noticeable lack of performance. Both of these situations is asking for trouble.

The HTRC is far better than that one.

One thing about those cheap chinese chargers is you won't be able to check your internal resistance on your batteries. So you will have no idea when your batteries are starting to go bad other than the battery puffing, or a noticeable lack of performance. Both of these situations is asking for trouble.
The Ultra Power has all of the important stuff like IR, cell voltage, charging information, my LHS sells it.

The Ultra Power has all of the important stuff like IR, cell voltage, charging information, my LHS sells it.
Oh, well...
But it is only 60w. Not familiar with it, so if you know someone that recommends it, go that route.

Oh, well...
But it is only 60w. Not familiar with it, so if you know someone that recommends it, go that route.
My biggest battery is a 5200 mAh 3s lipo, I most likely wont be using a 4s or above any time soon. The charger is also super tiny and it has an internal psu. It’s amazing for taking it to other places.

I didnt realize that but with them both being Chinesium products theyre probably both clones of soemthing else. The only reason i suggested that one was because at least I've heard of Turnigy and HK typically has decent customer support.

Update: I finally chose a charger and ended up going with an HTRC C240 duo, it’s coming sometime this week. Thanks for the help everyone!

Let us know how ya like it.
I just got it and it’s working really well so far, the fan is pretty loud but it moves tons of air. I have only charged a 1000 mAh NICD and storage charged a 5200 mAh lipo so far.