is or was this a good motor

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ballen

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Trinity K modified parma it does work just wondering if it is a good motor for my rustler with the old xl 5 esc none waterproff have 5-8 motors laying around don't know anything about electric.

Last edited:
Try is and find out....if you have it already it only take a minute to put it in.

I'm pretty sure it's a Late 80's early 90's Era motor. Nothing bad and nothing special. Should have a good can, arm and magnets. Probably a 19 - 27 something turn. Take the Brushes out and check em out. Better yet, take it apart.

You can use Nitro Clean to clean Brushed motors, you can even run em in water to clean em. Just make sure you carefully Oil the Bearings/bushigns when your done.

Their's still some Hardcore Motor guys around the WWW. I'm not talking about the Rock Cralwers who might re-wind their own motors. I'm talking guys down in their Basement with a Professional Dyno re-building and tuning the finest custom motors possible. You need to make friends with one of the later guys to work on your motors..hehe.:D

Post a pic of your motors bro. I can point you in the direction of a Source for high quality and cheap Brushes.

Last edited:
here is two pic's

they seem to run ok i guess of course i have no idea what to look for very magnetic and not very smooth when you turnthe shaft:\

newattachment.php

Attachments

• trinity[1].jpg
    trinity[1].jpg
    211.7 KB · Views: 46
  • green machine[1].jpg
    green machine[1].jpg
    195.2 KB · Views: 52
Hey brother,

To be blunt......I wouldn't waste my time or NRG with those motors. Throw them in a box and save them for a really rainy day. Those don't have any Technologies like Quad Magnets or Lightened Racing Armatures that makes em worth rebuilding IMVHO.

Now that even the *HangerOn's* have mostly gone to Brushless you can get great deals on Brushed motors. Many of these would have cost you 2-4x's as much 6 years ago. MOtors like the Trinity D4, D5 & D6. Trinity Cobalt I and Cobalt II. Orion Pro BB V2. Lrp V10 Spec 4, Tons of differernt Reedy cans etc. etc.

Turn and Winds is a matter of prefference. I Like Power and plenty of top end so most 17 or 19T(Ten Turn baby) don't do it for me but their's plenty of variables to consider and I'm no Expert. I also like Balance so 3 wind motors and the like usually aren't my cup or tea. I like a single or Double wind. Euro Winds with a Smaller and Larger Wire are sweet.:D

Last edited:
well i don't understand electric .Personally I don't even want the electric cars I have most are in peices but have one or 2 i guess u would call them rollers one has a brushless novak with the esc but not really interested in doing anything with it.If you like electric I can send you some pic's i got a couple of just chassi's I think they are the same but one is carbon fiber I think and another of the same and that has the novak on it . I just have enough to do with the nitro ones i have . I will keep the electric rustler i have easy for my daughter to run when i'm not home.

well i don't understand electric .Personally I don't even want the electric cars I have most are in peices but have one or 2 i guess u would call them rollers one has a brushless novak with the esc but not really interested in doing anything with it.If you like electric I can send you some pic's i got a couple of just chassi's I think they are the same but one is carbon fiber I think and another of the same and that has the novak on it . I just have enough to do with the nitro ones i have . I will keep the electric rustler i have easy for my daughter to run when i'm not home.

No matter how much the electric tech Advances, it doesn't replace the sweet ass sound of a Nitro engine blazing away.

Send me some pics please bro. I might be interested.