Big motor traxxas xrt

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brucegregorg

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
I am going to change the motor and esc in my traxxas xrt hobby wing makes a combo max 5/56113 800kv motor combo qs8 w the traxxas harness for just under 400 or same item with 1100 kv motor same price. My question are these good combos? I am leaning toward the 800kv i dont need more speed but the torque is crazy on this setup. I have purchased the esc and motor mount. I know i will need the gear for the 8mm shaft. Thoughts on this setup?

I am going to change the motor and esc in my traxxas xrt hobby wing makes a combo max 5/56113 800kv motor combo qs8 w the traxxas harness for just under 400 or same item with 1100 kv motor same price. My question are these good combos? I am leaning toward the 800kv i dont need more speed but the torque is crazy on this setup. I have purchased the esc and motor mount. I know i will need the gear for the 8mm shaft. Thoughts on this setup?
Personally I get the 1100kV motor. The stock motor is a 1275kV motor. Youd have to gear up to a huge pinion to even get close to the stock speeds so for me it would be the 1100kV.

Ok then its the 1100kv i think the motor is going to be much faster due to the increased size compared to stock. Thanks

Ok then its the 1100kv i think the motor is going to be much faster due to the increased size compared to stock. Thanks
Speed is a function of kV and gearing so an 1100kV motor is always going to be slower than a 1275kV motor given the same gearing and same voltage. The 1100kV can is bigger in diameter but its a lot shorter than the stock motor. The overall volume of the two motors is pretty similar although the 1100kV does have a bit of a bigger volume which means the 1100kV motor will have more torque but will be slower than the stock 1275kV on the same gearing. Now the extra torque of the 1100kV can be leveraged to run taller gearing which in turn can add speed back to the rig.

What did you end up doing? I put the Max 5 in mine with a 5496 730kv motor. The mod 1.5 gears running 25/30 is a beast but the flex when I jump changes the mesh and it just eats up any gears I've put in it. About to just give up!

M2C braces help a lot with the chassis flex.

I will have to save some lunch money to afford that one. They got good stuff, and they know it too! Thnx for the tip though I will look into it.

What did you end up doing? I put the Max 5 in mine with a 5496 730kv motor. The mod 1.5 gears running 25/30 is a beast but the flex when I jump changes the mesh and it just eats up any gears I've put in it. About to just give up!
What molar amount are you running? Try the bow House mount.

I can't recall what the brand was. But it does need replaced the size of the can is to much for the mount to keep in place on landing and shifts. I'm thinking about the mounts that have the rear brace as well. Plus now I got to get the new max 5 so I can go 12s power!.... not that it's probably the best idea but I can't not do it when they taunt me like that! Lol

Finally got the motor mount replaced! What a difference it made. Now I'm waiting on my new max 5 g2 and batteries to arrive so I can go 12s! Gonna run mod 1.5 30/30 gearing. Can't wait!

I run an 8s outcast and most days can't get past half throttle. I can only imagine the insanity of 12s power. Look forward to seeing that beast come together.

I run an 8s outcast and most days can't get past half throttle. I can only imagine the insanity of 12s power. Look forward to seeing that beast come together.
I'll post some media when it comes together. If I'm being realistic it will probably just add more areas to repair. Lol but when the carrot is dangled...I can't resist.

Back