is it possible to become a bad seller dealing with a bad buyer??

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

masterbeavis

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
ere is the cliffnotes version of whats going on. I sold some stuff to a buddy of mine who lives back east, I will call him Mike. While waiting for the money in the mail, and having delivered the product to a friend of his to take back east, Mike asks me to find him a cherry first gen Blazer for his brother in law, we will call him Logan. I find him this truck, for well under budget, and Mike, Logan, and I negotiate a price for the blazer, and my services. Logan pays me for the blazer. I have received the cash, and have paid for the blazer. In the mean time, I still have not received the two checks sent, or the third one to make up for the first two that he sent, allegedly to the wrong address. It has been going on upwards of 3 weeks. I have yet to deliver the blazer (meet up with another buddy of his who is a trucker)

Here is my question. Would I be wrong to deny the sale of the blazer to Mike, and refund Logan's money? Mike asked me to find him(Mike) a rig for his brother, so IMO I am selling to Mike, but Logan paid for it. Mke is my buyer, I am his point of contact, and vice versa. The Blazer is for Logan, but if I don't use this deal to my advantage, I know from personal experience that if Mike has no good reason to pay me, he won't. Yeah stupid me for getting myself involved when i know he has pulled the ol "the check is in the mail" ploy on others, but I normally have been taken care of as far as getting my fundage from this guy. His only defense at the moment is that the check is being held up in the mail cuz of the storms. The last check *supposedly* was mailed off 12/8 IRC, If it doesn't show up 2-3 days after Denver opens up,(assuming the check is stuck there) I will return the money to Logan for his Blazer, and turn and resell it for a big enough profit to make up for my loss to Mike. Mike conducted this deal, this deal his, the end result is Logan getting the blazer.

I don't want to be the bad guy here, however I need to cover my ass first, and keep food on my dinner plate. Logan WILL get his money back.

If it was truely his intent to mess you over, and he was known to do it, I'd say you have every right to protect yourself, within reason. The only thing I would do is ask him to send you a paypal for the amount due, or else the truck is going 'on the block'.

If he fails to do that, then you have every right to sell it to recoup costs.

Good luck man, dealing with scammers sucks.

Back