Intermittent run, steering…

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rashar

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Greetings all. I’m new to RC cars and had picked up a used 1/16 scale Hosim 9136 RC car. Under stock configuration, I’ve fully charged the vehicle and have installed new Duracell batteries for the receiver. The car runs but some times it just stops… no power. If I turn it off then on, the car will run again, but then I’ll loose steering. I’ll manually turn the wheels to get the steering going again but then the car will stop after another 2 minutes or so again. Keep in mind this is all within a 5 minute timeframe after being fully charged. Any ideas on what the issue could be?

Greetings all. I’m new to RC cars and had picked up a used 1/16 scale Hosim 9136 RC car. Under stock configuration, I’ve fully charged the vehicle and have installed new Duracell batteries for the receiver. The car runs but some times it just stops… no power. If I turn it off then on, the car will run again, but then I’ll loose steering. I’ll manually turn the wheels to get the steering going again but then the car will stop after another 2 minutes or so again. Keep in mind this is all within a 5 minute timeframe after being fully charged. Any ideas on what the issue could be?
Possibly your servo is going bad. I had a car do something similar. Servo went bad and car wouldn't do anything.

When you say it has "no power" do you mean it has no voltage getting to it at all or is it turned on but just doesn't do anything?

Some other things to check would be your battery connectors to make sure theres nothing wrong with them and check the antenna wire and make sure its not broken or damaged somehow.

You can order new parts HERE

Ok thanks. A tech here mentioned servo possibly too so I’ll start with that. When I say no power, I mean there is power but it just won’t move.

so this is used . do you know for sure it ran correctly b4 you tried?. sounds like more than just servo is going bad.. also esc or motor along with servo

so this is used . do you know for sure it ran correctly b4 you tried?. sounds like more than just servo is going bad.. also esc or motor along with servo
I just assumed it was used as I got it from an auction for $25. I can’t verify but I just got into this hobby and willing to learn more about these.

I just assumed it was used as I got it from an auction for $25. I can’t verify but I just got into this hobby and willing to learn more about these.
I'm really not trying to bash on your RC but since you're brand new to the hobby I just thought you might want to be aware that is a really cheap brand of RC and not really a good representation of the hobby. That being said I'm not saying you can't fix it and have fun with it but part support is going to be very limited, upgrades are gonna be practically non existent and its liable to break a lot depending on how rough you play with it. Again not trying to make you feel bad or anything, just something to be aware of.

I'm really not trying to bash on your RC but since you're brand new to the hobby I just thought you might want to be aware that is a really cheap brand of RC and not really a good representation of the hobby. That being said I'm not saying you can't fix it and have fun with it but part support is going to be very limited, upgrades are gonna be practically non existent and its liable to break a lot depending on how rough you play with it. Again not trying to make you feel bad or anything, just something to be aware of.
No that’s good to know thank you. I did replace the servi and works fine now. But like you said there are no upgrades available for it.

I do plan on getting a traxxas or other high end model when I get more familiar.

No that’s good to know thank you. I did replace the servi and works fine now. But like you said there are no upgrades available for it.

I do plan on getting a traxxas or other high end model when I get more familiar.
Glad you got it fixed. Have fun :)

Good to know you got it fixed. My 1/18 scale Dromida did the same thing and it was a servo shutting it down.

Back