INTEGY, why not?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trashedxj

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
ok everyone say dont do integy. well why not, I'm not carin bout looks although sure they look decent but whats so bad. instead of hearin everyone say they suck prolly cause 2 people said they do and everyone else followed i wanna hear some hard good evidence why they suck? depending on the oil you use a shock can't be but so bad. i looked on towerhobbies and the integy shocks cost more than the big bores, no this doesn't mean there better but it doesn't mean there worse. anyone who has integy post pics and specs and your personal opinion of the pros and cons based on what you use your truck for, runnin around the yard might be fine for the shocks but jumpin over buildings prolly not but if your not plannin to go more than a few feet off the ground whats the worse that can come from integy. my local shop has a set of integy MSR5's was 124.99 i talked them down to 90 bucks and if i dont get some darn good reason why not to get them then this thursday I'm gettin them and doin a write up for all to check out and then if people still wanna be followers power to them but maybe jus maybe there not as bad as people think, so if you have never owened them on your own rig lets not bash, I'm new to the sport so for now I'm keepin and open mind on everything til i prove myself wrong!also tell what shocks you favor and why and how long you've ran them without fail.

Last edited:
I have owned a set MSR5 and a set of MSR6 Integy shocks and I can tell you the QC just on the components that build the shocks is junk. On the MSR5's the caps were 4 different thicknesses. The thickest one was twice the thickness of the thinest. 2 of them leaked constantly and they were only used on a super sized crawler. All the MSR6's leaked before they were ever installed. I had to locate and install my own set of o-rings to get them to stop and I promptly got rid of them.

Good luck. You are going to need it because if you have a problem you are on your own if you LHS won't help you. Integy has no customer service and the warranty is a load of BS. Take the time to read it sometime.

http://www.integy.com/cp.html?n=warranty-policy

Pay special attention where they state they have a 30 day warranty unless the part is intended to be installed on a vehicle. LMAO

If you dont believe all the negative stuff already posted about integy, just go buy them and try them for yourself. Let us know how it goes.

Just remember, it's Integy, NOT Integrity.
Don't waste your money. Their shocks have a bad rep, and their alloy parts are shiny and pretty, but brittle.

are there any non integy piggybacks? i want somethin that give me looks and function! and i want somethin like a piggy back

RC4WD sells some I believe.

Honestly though, piggybacks are more for looks than for function in RC's.

You are better off with a set of Traxxas Big Bores.

are the big bores aluminum and adjustable? cause thats also one of my main concerns is strength and adjustability i dont wanna have to constantly shim for different terrains!

From the Traxxas site:

ALUMINUM BIG BORE SHOCK KIT: Our high-quality aluminum Big Bore shocks are packaged in convenient 8-packs just for Maxx Truck enthusiasts. The Big Bore shocks are hard-anodized and Teflon®-coated for the smoothest operation possible and they feature internal diaphragms that help keep the air and oil separated for increased performance. These shocks also include our super smooth, long wearing titanium nitride (TiN) coated shock shafts. The shocks are completely assembled and include red, 2.5 rate shock springs, additional shock pistons and clip on pre-load spacers that make ride height adjustments a snap.

i think ill be gettin a set of these this week! well suspension is gonna be complete on to the next possible upgrades, thanks for the help rob!

I've had MSR5's on my T-Maxx as well as a set of Hot Bodies shocks. The Integy's were by far the worst. They were very sketchy, not smooth at all. I hated them. The Hot Bodies were decent but the rod ends were small and weak. I finally gave in bought Traxxas Big Bores because everybody raves about them. They are hands down the smoothest shocks I've had on my truck. They are the only shocks I recommend for the Maxx.

we are all just following what 2 or 3 people said about integy. you should try it all yourself and let us know how it works :D

I have a set on my MGT for 6 months, no problem at all. They are great shocks, I use 80 weight oil with 2 hole pistons. The MGT ones are basically the same as the T-Maxx except the top mounting holes are drill to 5mm for the MGT. Many people don't know how to setup their shocks properly they have problems either because the shock oil they use is too thin or too thick.

Many people don't know how to setup their shocks properly they have problems either because the shock oil they use is too thin or too thick.

Wrong.

If the seals are crap they will leak regardless of what weight oil you use. It just takes longer to be noticed when user thicker weight.

In the case of the MSR6's I had, the o-rings was not thick enough to provide a proper seal. They leaked immediately after installing the cap and using the shock. The oil was literally being pumped out of the shock around the seal.

Buying Integy is like gambling in Vegas. You may have a winner on occasion, but most of the time you come up craps.

Last edited:
I have a set on my MGT for 6 months, no problem at all. They are great shocks, I use 80 weight oil with 2 hole pistons. The MGT ones are basically the same as the T-Maxx except the top mounting holes are drill to 5mm for the MGT. Many people don't know how to setup their shocks properly they have problems either because the shock oil they use is too thin or too thick.

yeah so far I'm not 100% sold that there all junk but everyone but you so far have said there junk that have used them. I'm not going to wast my money jus yet, one day i would like to build a semi shelf queen cause I'm into models and stuff like scale rigs so when i do have the extra cash to literally possibly throw down the toilet I'm gonna give the shocks a go and see whats up cause i do like to learn first hand but since I'm new to the sport and wanting something that will provide what i want, I'm not yet gettin big bores, i've only blownone and my friend said he has a few spare stockers so imma use them until i actually have to get others! anyways so far integy haters=tons likers=1 anyone else like em?

Buying Integy is like gambling in Vegas. You may have a winner on occasion, but most of the time you come up craps.

This is very true. I have a few Integy products which have been great for me. They have a certain reputation and you really have to be careful exactly what the product is and what it's intended to do.

yeah I'm readin that there 3 peice clutch shoes are pretty dern good, wonder what else is out there as far as clutches that will just hit that gear like nothin else!

I'm a basher....tmaxx 4909
I have integy shock towers..... so far so good.

Also have battery box ( hows that gonna fail)

i have the integy 3 shoe aluminum clutch shoe and love em but as for bulk heads i deiced to go against what everyone was saying and had to try it for my self b/c i got em for a deal off ebay, But now i know why they are crap i broke em 5 min after i installed em they were brand new and i hit a curb half throttle and broke my left front bulk head the aluminum broke that easy thats BS. Take their advise they know what they are talkin about.

I've been using their bulkheads, it's on my Maxx 2.5R forever and they hold up fine. Check this out however integy claims that people are selling fake ones online I don't know it's true or not but I would suspect it if you got it cheap on Ebay.