Integy tires?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D3MON

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I may be answering my own question with this, but wanted to see if anyone has any experience with integy tires, i know their aluminum is not very good unless for shelf queens but i haven't seen anything regarding peoples luck with their tires.
anyone have any experience or heard anything about them?

Thanks!

Aluminum should only be used in certain areas of an off-road RC. I don't know why anyone buys aluminum arms... from any manufacturer. I'll let it be at that.

Integy and I go back a long ways. The early 90's is when I first started using Integy allen hex wrenches. Some (most) of them are still in service today. I liked them so much, I got another SAE set for spares, and a metric set. I'd recommend Integy tools to anyone. Just not the small handled wrenches. I'm pretty positive Integy is OEM for some other brands. That being said...

Integy tires are good for the price. It all depends on tread of course. Probably can find similar wheel/tire on eBay for cheaper price. What gets me is finding a spec on tire compound softness is mostly a guessing game. If no spec, then I'd have to assume medium compound. The "H" pattern (Integy's version of the "Bowtie") tire for truggy served me well. The compound was somewhere between soft and medium. The open cell foam lasted the entire life of the tread.

My only complaint...the wheels. Back when I had my truggy, I wish I could have bought the H pattern tires without the wheels (you can nowadays). The wheels are ABS plastic, and don't like thread lock. I can't speak for the 1/10 wheels and what they are made of.

Aluminum should only be used in certain areas of an off-road RC. I don't know why anyone buys aluminum arms... from any manufacturer. I'll let it be at that.

Integy and I go back a long ways. The early 90's is when I first started using Integy allen hex wrenches. Some (most) of them are still in service today. I liked them so much, I got another SAE set for spares, and a metric set. I'd recommend Integy tools to anyone. Just not the small handled wrenches. I'm pretty positive Integy is OEM for some other brands. That being said...

Integy tires are good for the price. It all depends on tread of course. Probably can find similar wheel/tire on eBay for cheaper price. What gets me is finding a spec on tire compound softness is mostly a guessing game. If no spec, then I'd have to assume medium compound. The "H" pattern (Integy's version of the "Bowtie") tire for truggy served me well. The compound was somewhere between soft and medium. The open cell foam lasted the entire life of the tread.

My only complaint...the wheels. Back when I had my truggy, I wish I could have bought the H pattern tires without the wheels (you can nowadays). The wheels are ABS plastic, and don't like thread lock. I can't speak for the 1/10 wheels and what they are made of.
Have definitely been around the block in regards to the aluminum a arms. I like to have a weak point, broken to many bulks on my tmaxx back in the day.
I found their x-wides for sale for 4$ a pair. So was thinking on snagging them.
Appreciate the response, gonna have to get a few sets then.

well just ordered 2 pairs, will give a review once i get them in and then test them for future buyers.
thanks Heavybag!

Back