integy shocks

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CharliesTheMan

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Well thanks to help from you guys I got my truck broken in the right way and was able to do some bashing again for the first time in years. Sure enough after I got the feel of drivin the t-maxx down again, I got a lil cocky and ended up crashing into a metal lawn chair. Of course I broke an A-Arm but it was ok because my wonderful girlfriend bought me a set of RPM arms. Well Last night when I was getting ready to put on the A-Arms and checking things out, I noticed I bent two shocks. So I bought a set of integy shocks on ebay. I wouldn't have spent $120 retail on them but I got them for a really good deal. I haven't seen anyone on here that has the integy piggyback shocks, so I'm thinking they might be junk like some of their other stuff.

So has anyone ever had a set of these integy piggybacks? If so, how did/do you like them? Hopefully soon I will have the new shock towers too, should I go with RPM or aluminum?

do a search for integy shocks and see what others have to say about them. i would suggest the traxxas big bore shocks.

RPM shock towers and traxxas big bores for shocks.

You will find that integy shocks do look nice, but don't hold up well to much abuse.

I had 'em. Didnt' like 'em. Mine held up fine but they just didn't seem very smooth. I just posted this in your other thread before I saw this one. Stay away.. Everybody says Traxxas big bore. I have Hot Bodies now but if I ever bust 'em I'm gonna go witht the big bores like everybody seems to say.

They might have improved them recently, from what I hear, but the Integy shocks don't have any fans on this forum.
Next time you're looking to upgrade a part, ask about it here, first. There are always good honest opinions to be had, before you spend. Were not trying to sell anything, only pass on our knowledge and experience.
I'd also have a tough time turning them down if I got a good deal on them.
Hopefully you'll get them tuned the way you like and be happy with the purchase. Let us know what you think of them after running them for a while.

I just read that thread, and now I know I'll NEVER purchase ANYTHING from Integy due to lack of customer support alone.
When I got my alloy shocks from GPM in Hong Kong, I snapped off the threaded end of one of them in the process of swapping out the ball. I was using a hammer and a punch on an anvil, and it was not properly set up.
Well, I dropped them an Email and they sent me a complete rebuild kit with shafts for 2 shocks. I had it in a week.
That's the reason I look to them FIRST when I need upgrades.

Well it looks like I'm gonna be buying some more shocks pretty soon. Would you guys reccomend the Traxxas big bores over everything else, or is there something else that you like better? I'm going to be building another truck soon that will just be a show truck/shelf queen with all polished parts, so my thinking was that if you guys didn't like these shocks I could put them on something that wont be drivin and they can just look good. Thanks for the response!

I tend to sway toward the good judgement of the experienced folks here. I just bought Traxxas big bores today. woot woot!

Well it looks like I'm gonna be buying some more shocks pretty soon. Would you guys reccomend the Traxxas big bores over everything else, or is there something else that you like better? I'm going to be building another truck soon that will just be a show truck/shelf queen with all polished parts, so my thinking was that if you guys didn't like these shocks I could put them on something that wont be drivin and they can just look good. Thanks for the response!

If you're building a show truck, the Integy shocks should be fine. For the basher truck, I like the Big Bores or the GPM's Rolex mentioned.

If you enlarge this pic, you can see how really nice they are. Highly polished. They also came with the silicone sleeves, but I swapped them out for bellows boots. Don't get the yellow. I have an exclusive on that. lol

Rear_Corner1.jpg

Rolex, you have built such a beautiful truck :bow: I really hope some day mine will look that good. Just to be clear, those are GPM, correct?

Sounds like a form of shock sock except it goes directly on the shaft rather than over the entire thing. Rolex wants to show off his easter bunny poo springs lol

Edit: if you look closely under the springs where the shafts should be you can see the boots.

Back