HPI Sprint 2 Flux/Upgrades

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Out4lox

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
I pulled out my old HPI Sprint 2 Flux, to distract myself from other RC problems I am having (Revo), and am doing some some little upgrades. The Sprint has always treated me well. So I’m returning the favor.

So I bought from Integy an upper chassis plate, and front and rear shock towers, all in their pretty aluminum.

Now I am thinking, while I have the car apart, of adding an aluminum steering knuckle and bell crank. The shock towers and chassis plate are just for looks. My question is, do you all think that, adding the aluminum steering knuckle and bell crank will tighten up the very loosey-goosy front wheels/steering?

As always, thanks.

I pulled out my old HPI Sprint 2 Flux, to distract myself from other RC problems I am having (Revo), and am doing some some little upgrades. The Sprint has always treated me well. So I’m returning the favor.

So I bought from Integy an upper chassis plate, and front and rear shock towers, all in their pretty aluminum.

Now I am thinking, while I have the car apart, of adding an aluminum steering knuckle and bell crank. The shock towers and chassis plate are just for looks. My question is, do you all think that, adding the aluminum steering knuckle and bell crank will tighten up the very loosey-goosy front wheels/steering?

As always, thanks.
Depends on whats making them "loosey-goosey". I wouldnt hurt.

I would say that as a general rule, Id only use Integy aluminum for "looks" anything that sees wear and tear youd be better off finding hardened aluminum pieces if possible.

no. unless you eliminate the ball studs and cups you will always have a loose front

Last edited:
Depends on whats making them "loosey-goosey". I wouldnt hurt.

I would say that as a general rule, Id only use Integy aluminum for "looks" anything that sees wear and tear youd be better off finding hardened aluminum pieces if possible.
As always, thanks Graywolf. I suppose I know what the community thinks about Integy. People were saying the same things about Integy at least 10 years ago. I just figured a piece of cast aluminum has to be more rigid than the plastic. I don’t know. I might just do it anyway, just for looks, and in some probably vain hope it tightens things up. I do have a question though, kind of for anyone. I see Integy gets a lot of hate. And I can’t imagine there is no reason. So, what about Hot Rracing and the others? I know people love Robinson racing and their gears, and rpm and their arms. My question is, what company that makes what Integy makes has a GOOD reputation?

Hot Racing makes quality stuff. But the thing with Integy is they make a lot of stuff others don't. A lot of things they make out of aluminum, you don't want to be made out of aluminum. Like A-arms for example. Integy makes lots of aluminum arms, which I guarantee you will be bent the first time you do a cartwheel. So you just have to be mindfull when buying their stuff. If it looks like the part is something that can bend, chances are it will.

The HPI Sprint 2 Flux 2 being an on-road car, you shouldn't have too much problem with stuff bending. The body protects most of the components.

Last edited:
Thank you, wicked fog. I am very tempted to just get the steering components to add to the other parts I have, the upper deck and the shock towers. I bought those solely for cosmetics, and to have a little project to do. I know it sounds silly, really silly, but I sort of felt like the car “deserved it.” That little sprint 2 flux has always been good to me. It must be at least 12 years old.

no. unless you eliminate the ball studs and cups you will always have a loose front
Yeah I decided to just install what I had. The wriggle seemed to be coming from somewhere else.

As always, thanks.
i used a spring that has loops on each end hook them to each crank arm

Back