Indoor 1/24 Rock Crawler Course

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a basement when I lived in KS and in NE - didn't realize how nice they were; never not had a basement til I move to OK/tornado alley. Man - i'd like to have a big-o-space for all the good stuff.
That is what is fun about these small trucks. You can put shelves and rope bridges around the walls if that is the only space you have.

I think I am going to take your advice about the rolling bridge and reprint it with a larger radius. I am ordering some grip tape to see how it performs, and if that doesn't work well, I will be reprinting everything.

I had a basement when I lived in KS and in NE - didn't realize how nice they were; never not had a basement til I move to OK/tornado alley. Man - i'd like to have a big-o-space for all the good stuff.
Omg 100% agree YES!!! my first sh*t house had a basement 35x20'. And two bedrooms. I moved as well two yrs ago. Now NO basement 😝 but garage 4 bedrooms. And on 110 x 100 lot. So bigger house more space. But I really miss my man cave basement. 😫😫 alot of good space like you said man

Not much of an update. Been busy rearranging the rc room this past week, but finally getting caught up. So I now have some time to finish up a few things before starting on some foam work.

The corrugated pipe will be half under water at a small pool at the top of the course with a 1/2" hose feeding water to it. So I made a fitting that screws into the pipe to fit the tubing onto it.

20210815_022219.jpg

20210815_022302.jpg

The tables are about done. I added another project to the order or they would have been here already. Having him build a shelf to hold five 24th scale trucks with their controllers hanging under them.
Assembly.png

I like the pipe fitting idea, and good thinking on the controller shelf. :thumbs-up:
Trying to keep water from leaking anywhere. This will be a disaster if it does.

@WickedFog Indoor mudbogs might not be the result your looking for. 🤣 looks like you've got it under control.
No, I hope to not have any mud getting tracked around 😉

Printed a new Rockin bridge. This one has a shallower radius and lightening holes on outside edges to allow for more tilt. Once I get the trucks all weighted properly this will work beautifully. Going to paint and weather it like a rusty old piece of mine equipment.
20210826_093718.jpg

20210826_093844.jpg

@WickedFog Love the cross member detailing! :thumbs-up:
Yeah, I figured it would strengthen the bridge, which it did. The gears, side braces, and that webbing are all separate prints that are glued on.

The tables are done. He is just waiting on another project to deliver everything at the same time. So hopefully I can get some foam work started here in a few days.

Printed a new Rockin bridge. This one has a shallower radius and lightening holes on outside edges to allow for more tilt. Once I get the trucks all weighted properly this will work beautifully. Going to paint and weather it like a rusty old piece of mine equipment.
View attachment 131660
View attachment 131661
Yeah man.. that looks awesome.. well done.. liking the I-beam cross bracing look..Can't wait to see the tables... going to be a very cool indoor course... fun winter times 👍👍

YES! Just in time for the three day weekend. :) Love the transmitter slots.
Yeah, I just wish I had my son here all weekend. This is her year to have him so I lost a weekend.

Last edited:
Back