Impressions of Blue Bird servos

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

psunitro

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
OK, gonna take this out of the FS forum and put it here.

I bought the 620 non metal gear servo for my 1/8th buggy and bought a MG set for it since they had no MG servos in stock.As we all knoe the 1/8 buggies are about the hardest on servos around,I race/hack mine very little bashing, just fun/tuning off the track. Well stripped the plastic gears in 2 tanks!! And that was just backyard tuning!! OH well I figured as muck. Put in the MG set, the only thing I dont like about the casing is the crappy O rings.After putting it back together I ele taped it to help seal it,I will be plasti dipping it soon.
My 1st day out at the track I had zero problems with it. Decent speed and good torque.I am basing this off my JR 590,the only other servo I had in my buggy.

So far for the price,seems to be a decent mid grade servo.

i own the 631mg and I'm using it in my GT for steering, i ordered this by mistake i was gonna get the 620mg but i think its not a bad servo at all, I'm thinking about ordering another one for my sut....

Dude... I did the same thing as you psu... The mg was out of stock so i had to get the plastic one. The problam with it is, its a faulty servo. So I'm sending it back. I'm glad, because i wouldv'e lost about $20 after 2 tanks. But, yeah i like my 631mg and my 620mg also. They work great in my buggy, but I'm going all out and getting professional servos. These arent gonna cut it for my racing. Good for driving at the track and bashing tho.

Joey, get the 620mg for your steering... it will be even better. I havent tried it yet cuz i didn't want to take the linkage off of my other servo, but it was pretty fast.

hump packs make a HUGE difference in the servos performance. I had 4 AA's in there and i tested the servos with my hump pack and DAMN that made a huge difference. So much stronger and faster.

Last edited:
yea I'm gonna wait on gettin another servo because i forgot i had a 94358 in my tool box i put that in my sut for steering and is more than enough..

LOL....forgot a $75 servo.....yeah I forgot I had a RB mod .21 in my box......

well from this i bought 2 bb serveos 630mg and the 620mg, well the 630mg is a loud ass servo, but very strong and semi quick for how much it is. But the 620 (used for throttle) sparked and smoked within 10 secs of use, but works fine now. So prob will be going back to airtronics or hitech digitals and keeping the BB as race spares dont think ill trust them.

Well, I was going to return my plastic servo cuz it was faulty, but I thought I used the stuff in the package. It turns out that I didn't even open the package, but I've had it for more than 30 days... so no refund for me... :( o well, I'm DEFINITALY getting metal geared servos from now on. No more hitec for me either. Airtronics all the way. Although, these servos work quite well in my gt. I might just get 2 more 620mg's for my buggy since i need speed not much torque.

haha, I am using Some cheap Futaba S3003 Basic Servos In my RC10GT, ...$10. I know they have less torque, and may upgrade in a bit if I feel I need more torque.

OK....so my impression of the servo so far is...............CRAP

I just replaced the gears in 2 of my 620mg's and now they are working really good. I'm using the 630mg in throttle and 620mg in steering (might switch them).

i had a bluebird go crazy on me and take out 2 radios befor i finnaly figured out it was the servo.. sucked butt.. it had some brown stuff in it like it fried the oil or something..

from what I've seen I'm staying away from them.

Good choice...........