I'm running right now! Lol

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm really regretting getting the proline pro series transmission over the Traxxas Magnum now! Last night putting it all back together it's just a loose generic transmission it feels like

This was in my rustler. Took the one out of my slash and put it in my rustler and upgraded to the 272R in my slash.

I got a extra diff and idler gear now. But threw away that burnt case. Had to get rid of the bearings and input shaft (and gear) because it was siezed in to the case.

Tighten your slipper clutch all the way down. Then back it off about 3/4 turn or so.

But I would pull the spur and check for damage like David's.

Tighten your slipper clutch all the way down. Then back it off about 3/4 turn or so.

But I would pull the spur and check for damage like David's.
I pulled it and checked there was no damage but I'm very sad! 😭 LoL I ran 55 with the old stock trans just messing around. But I had a lot different gearing in it. I'm really new withe this 32p gearing.

Around 55 I think should be a 22 or 24 tooth pinion in 32p. I'll have to check spurs.

I was usually backing it off about a half a turn from bottomed out. But putting the trans back together last night I actually noticed that there are 2 screws that hold the motor plate on the trans and there not flush with the plate and it's hitting the back of the slipper if I tightened it to much so I actually had it backed off almost a whole turn probably

I had a 17 on tonight. I have a 20 but it won't fit with the only 56t spur I can find to fit this trans! (Another downfall)! I have to drill the holes out to slide the motor back more

I pulled it and checked there was no damage but I'm very sad! 😭 LoL I ran 55 with the old stock trans just messing around. But I had a lot different gearing in it. I'm really new withe this 32p gearing.
That's easy to figure. A stock 2wd Rustler VXL (if that is what we are talking about?) is like 83t spur and a 25t pinion. Divide 83x25.
83÷25=3.32
So that is a 3.32:1 ratio, meaning your pinion gear rotates 3.32 times every time the spur rotates a full revolution.

Changing to 32p gearing changes those numbers, so just calculate it based off what you have now. If you make the ratio lower, like 2.8:1, your top speed will be faster, but your electronics will run hotter and you won't have as much get up and go from a dead stop.

YOU NEED TO MAKE SURE TO MONITOR YOUR TEMPS!
Keep your electronics below 160°F or so to be safe. Much above that and they can fry in a heartbeat.

What ratios are you running right now?

Pretty much I guess it's a vxl3s 3500. Tonight I had a 56 spur with a 17 pinion. Cause my 20 won't fit YET... LoL. I think the 20 would put me close to 60 I hope

I got 9.52

That seems very far off off from the numbers you're talking lol

Pretty much I guess it's a vxl3s 3500. Tonight I had a 56 spur with a 17 pinion. Cause my 20 won't fit YET... LoL. I think the 20 would put me close to 60 I hope

I got 9.52

That seems very far off off from the numbers you're talking lol
56÷17=3.29. You can probably go a bit lower. But watch your temps. Go with a bit smaller spur gear if your 20t pinion is too big to fit.

56÷17=3.29. You can probably go a bit lower. But watch your temps. Go with a bit smaller spur gear if your 20t pinion is too big to fit.
poop! I hit the percent button instead of the divide button!!! LoL I was wondering y it was so far off lol

poop! I hit the percent button instead of the divide button!!! LoL I was wondering y it was so far off lol
They changed my word to poop!!!!! 😂 😂 😂 I can't find any with the type of built in slipper that this trans has it different than Traxxas or anything I've seen

I was usually backing it off about a half a turn from bottomed out. But putting the trans back together last night I actually noticed that there are 2 screws that hold the motor plate on the trans and there not flush with the plate and it's hitting the back of the slipper if I tightened it to much so I actually had it backed off almost a whole turn probably

I had a 17 on tonight. I have a 20 but it won't fit with the only 56t spur I can find to fit this trans! (Another downfall)! I have to drill the holes out to slide the motor back more
I've done the slot the motor mount a bit you got pics of said slipper setup?

It has these pads built into the spur gear

IMG20240328205916.jpg

It's all put together right now

I can't find any with the type of built in slipper that this trans has it different than Traxxas or anything I've seen
I can't find any other spurs for it either. Did they seriously put a proprietary spur gear in that and not put out any other options? If so, I would ditch that tranny and get a Hot Racing case with Traxxas gearing. Then put a 32p Hot Racing spur on it. Lots of choices there.

Yea it's crazy right I been looking for wees even thinking about getting rid of the slipper but I think that's the way I'm going with the Traxxas magnum trans

I've run a Fast Lane Machine transmission case with a drag slash diff, same bearing size, just requires a couple of shims. The FLM case will work with 4068 motors or 4268 if you grind 3 or 4 of the fins down where it slides through to the motor plate which is what I did. Way easier keeping temps down with the bigger can, had it on my Slashpede when it was set up as a street basher.

I've run a Fast Lane Machine transmission case with a drag slash diff, same bearing size, just requires a couple of shims. The FLM case will work with 4068 motors or 4268 if you grind 3 or 4 of the fins down where it slides through to the motor plate which is what I did. Way easier keeping temps down with the bigger can, had it on my Slashpede when it was set up as a street basher.
just buy hearing that, it sounds pretty fast

just buy hearing that, it sounds pretty fast
Never ran it for top speed, but it's really fast for a parking lot bash. Made a kydex battery box to mount to the bottom of the chassis, that was the ONLY way to get the center of gravity low enough to do some serious street bashing. Got bored over winter and set it back up as an off road shelf queen, but getting ready to set it back up for street bashing now that warmer drier weather is around the corner. Pics are from last summer.

Stampede2.jpg

Stampede street basher.jpg

Never ran it for top speed, but it's really fast for a parking lot bash. Made a kydex battery box to mount to the bottom of the chassis, that was the ONLY way to get the center of gravity low enough to do some serious street bashing. Got bored over winter and set it back up as an off road shelf queen, but getting ready to set it back up for street bashing now that warmer drier weather is around the corner. Pics are from last summer.

View attachment 186727
View attachment 186729
I'm still figuring out the motors like I'm watching these videos online and it looks like if you really want to go fast castle motors is the way to go but what do the numbers mean? Like how do I look at all these numbers and know what they mean about motor speed??? LoL that's probably a very broad question but I have no idea. I was thinking a Traxxas big block was as fast as you can get