Identity of truck

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Denver

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
Hi could I get some help identifying this truck I've had it for a while just couldn't work out how to get it running as you can see there's no line from exhaust to tank to push fuel through but managed to get it running, I'm sure it a mantua but can't find which model it is any help would be appreciated
Thanks Paul

20240118_171705.jpg

20240118_171709.jpg

20240118_171727.jpg

20240118_171743.jpg

20240118_171748.jpg

Sorry I don't know but that's the strangest starting system I've ever seen😳 where's the clutch?

Never even heard of Mantua. Apparently its an old school Italian company. I'm not aware of that brand being sold in the U.S.

Sorry I don't know but that's the strangest starting system I've ever seen😳 where's the clutch?
Not sure where the clutch is to be fair I'm almost afraid to strip it down, pretty powerful though
Thanks Paul
Never even heard of Mantua. Apparently its an old school Italian company. I'm not aware of that brand being sold in the U.S.
Yes the make is Italian just the model I'm unsure of only thing that seems to be missing is the receiver/battery box there was one on it but didn't fit right which is why I'm trying to get the model see if I can get the right part
Thanks Paul

I googled Mantua and found more of the same:

1705605774404.png

1705605831694.png

I think I figured it out...

Assuming the clutch bell is fixed to the crankshaft, you'd be able to use the same one-way bearing for the transmission and the pull-start, effectively eliminating the drag from an engine-mounted pull start, and you would able to pull start any engine, even racing engines with a "blind" backplate. Kind of clever, really, don't know if it justifies the complexity added to the transmission, since you'd have to move the clutch to the first gear.

Sorry I can't answer OP's question, but I just wanted to comment on the uniqueness of that mechanism.

View attachment 179288
View attachment 179290

Assuming the clutch bell is fixed to the crankshaft, you'd be able to use the same one-way bearing for the transmission and the pull-start, effectively eliminating the drag from an engine-mounted pull start, and you would able to pull start any engine, even racing engines with a "blind" backplate. Kind of clever, really, don't know if it justifies the complexity added to the transmission, since you'd have to move the clutch to the first gear.

Sorry I can't answer OP's question, but I just wanted to comment on the uniqueness of that mechanism.
That's the only thing I found on them too. Very interesting starter as mentioned.

View attachment 179288
View attachment 179290

I bought it because it is unusual, I found similar when I Googled it bur can't seem to find truck version
Thanks Paul
I bought it because it is unusual, I found similar when I Googled it bur can't seem to find truck version
Thanks Paul
Someone told sometime back it was big bear version its old but doesn't seem to have had much use

A lot of the Mantua models I saw online are very similar to this one making it even harder to ID.