I think I jynxed myself ! Identify repair

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leyla1989

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
Hi so my first crash I think it’s a new chassis hard for a first fix ? I’ll post photos !

image.jpg
image.jpg

image.jpg

Because the front arms are so robust it cracked the chassis I think

isnt that a pivot block so that rc dont have replaceable one?. Glue who said glue besides a replier,,take lots of pics b4 you disassemble that rc. a piece of cardboard with bad or good pic will hold screws correct location for reassembly

Does any one think you can flip it upside down unscrew the chasssis pull it off leaving all the other stuff together and screw a new chassis back on ? Or does everything need to come apart ?

Any one done a Kraton 4s

You could try. I tried that once a long time ago. It did not work too well as things bound and did not work as well as it did before.
Some of my parts needed adjusting to work well together. I ended up spending more time taking it all apart again and separating all the parts and then finally putting it all back together. This is when I invested in some quality tools and a nice open place to work on the cars.
I finally came to the realization that I just needed to get to know my vehicle and all the parts on it. It also game me an opportunity to see which parts wore quicker than others and prepare for the eventuality that I will need replacements for those parts and others that might break so I ordered them ahead of time to eliminate wait time. Sucks to have a nice weekend and you can't use your cars due to damage or waiting on parts.
It took some time but I am glad I did because now I have no apprehension taking it all apart and back together again. I actually enjoy it.
Just my 2 cents.

Does any one think you can flip it upside down unscrew the chasssis pull it off leaving all the other stuff together and screw a new chassis back on ? Or does everything need to come apart ?

Any one done a Kraton 4s
The chassis on these is super easy to swap out. Start at the front and move your way back.

Unfortunately the only way to fix that is to buy a new chassis. The chassis on these cars are one of the cons about this platform, they are rather weak and everyone breaks them, I don't think I have ever seen the chassis in stock on Jennysrc.

https://jennysrc.com/collections/kr...eel-base-lwb-ara4408v2?variant=40182230614070

And they are on backorder to make matters worse https://www.horizonhobby.com/product/composite-chassis---xlwb/ARA320640.html
Hi so my first crash I think it’s a new chassis hard for a first fix ? I’ll post photos !

View attachment 159203View attachment 159204

View attachment 159205
Because the front arms are so robust it cracked the chassis I think
Arrma's 3S/4S platforms design incorporates the gearboxes, and the arm mounts/"ABCD Blocks" into the molded chassis. I'm guessing it's a lot cheaper to produce an RC that way. A break, like leyla1989 has shown, means a lot more work than is needed to get the RC back up and running again. This was a concern for me when I went shopping for a 4wd RC to "hold me over" until a particular RC was released.

Just have the exploded view by your side, and keep sections of the platform in groups, while disassembling/wrenching/repairing your RC.

Yes it was very bad, I won’t go into detail but we ended up in A&E for the rest of the day.

Plus a totalled car! well two as the Kraton smashed up the front end of our traxxas Teton aswell before the chassis break !

Yes it was very bad, I won’t go into detail but we ended up in A&E for the rest of the day.

Plus a totalled car! well two as the Kraton smashed up the front end of our traxxas Teton aswell before the chassis break !
They say if you aint breaking stuff then you're not doing it right so it looks like you're doing a good job! :hehe:

The Teton is fixed it’s glued but I will replace if breaks again was a front arm and the ball joint mounting for the camber links broke of the front gearbox casing at least I know how to strip it now . Not looking forward to the Kraton tho !

Chassis are out of stock everywhere!

I reckon if I sold all my parts on eBay I’d probably get £400 or more which is what the car is worth and just buy another as they have stock of the car 🙈
It knocked over my oldest who’s 10 going relatively slow ! Just ended up full of mud

But the second time my youngest of 4 was stood behind me when It came past and it shot him up into the air did a full flip and smashed his head into the path. Luckily there was a nurse nearby who came over and we ended up in hospital. He’s had his head glued cleaned and sent home he’s all fit and well now they were messing about again by the end of the day

So yeah totalled two cars n my two kids !!

🤦

Arrma's 3S/4S platforms design incorporates the gearboxes, and the arm mounts/"ABCD Blocks" into the molded chassis. I'm guessing it's a lot cheaper to produce an RC that way. A break, like leyla1989 has shown, means a lot more work than is needed to get the RC back up and running again. This was a concern for me when I went shopping for a 4wd RC to "hold me over" until a particular RC was released.

Just have the exploded view by your side, and keep sections of the platform in groups, while disassembling/wrenching/repairing your RC.
Yeah probably as you only need 1 mold instead of 3 but the end user ends up paying more for repairs and their time.

Back