i really need help :(

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evan

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
so i bought this nitro rc car or truck I'm not sure what it is because it dont have a body shell over it, but anyways it wont start, the only way it will is if i pour the fuel down into the carb where the filter goes. i know its not getting gas and i have no clue why the house is hooked up to the carb, the top gas cover hose is hooked to the exhaust where its suspose to be but still no gas will get from tank to the carb to the engine. can some one please help me.

so i bought this nitro rc car or truck I'm not sure what it is because it dont have a body shell over it, but anyways it wont start, the only way it will is if i pour the fuel down into the carb where the filter goes. i know its not getting gas and i have no clue why the house is hooked up to the carb, the top gas cover hose is hooked to the exhaust where its suspose to be but still no gas will get from tank to the carb to the engine. can some one please help me.

Put your thumb over the exhaust while you crank it over, and watch the fuel line, you should be able to see if the fuel is flowing. Do that until you know the fuel is getting there, then you can try starting it.

Take some pictures, and somebody here can probably identify it.

Make sure there isn't any leaks in the fuel system. Check the tank cap seal. Make sure the header is sealed and tight, as well as the coupler that holds the pipe to the header. Fresh fuel, new glow plug and a fully charged ignitor are all needed too.

As suggested, are you priming it? Most engines (especially with pull-start) require that you prime the carb first. You do that by plugging the exhaust, pulling the starter a few times until the fuel reaches the carb or blow into the pressure line until the fuel reaches the carb. I blow air into the pressure line. As soon as the fuel hits the carb, you hear it. Put the heater on, hold the throttle open from idle a hair and rip the starter.

Back