i need someone experienced to help me.....

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DirtySavage25

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
the case on my wasp .28 broke so i need to put all the stuff on my old case in the new case, and i have no idea what I'm doin. i got the cooling head off and the carb. and now i took out the back plate of the pull start and pulled it out, heres some pics of where I'm at....
http://client.webshots.com/photo/356101033/356102459seBOip
please help, if anyone could find like steps on takin apart a engine, it would help alot.

thanks,
gus

put the old case it the oven @ 350 for about 20 miniuts get some gloves to handle it... after 20 min..you should be able to remove the crank and bearrings...

ZANDOR said:
put the old case it the oven @ 350 for about 20 miniuts get some gloves to handle it... after 20 min..you should be able to remove the crank and bearrings...
haha your kidding, right.....i hope?

man, what is it with nitro rc, that in order to get anything apart, you have to cook it? I mean like to get glue off tires, you have to boil or bake them. Now for removing parts from a crankcase, you have to bake it?

i have the layout i just need tips on what i need to know, like important stuff i come across

how do i take off the flywheel

haha, I was just reading your other post about how you ruined it. I was wondering if it was the same person for both threads, btw, nice cage.

I will keep looking/keep my eye out for a guide to take an engine apart.

to get the fly wheel off you will need to pry it off gentley pry a little all around it GENTLY!!!!

i have to take everything out before i do that though?

thanks redhatman i just got it yesterday!

what about the fly wheel, do i need to use plyers or something?

remove the nut w/ a socket and a pair of channel locks if you don't have a flywheel tool....then you might have to TAP the flywheel from the back to get it off.....the conrod is a little tricky but once you have that removed Zandor was right...to remove the bearings need the case to be heated up and expanded to remove...you should also heat the new block up to put the bearings in as well........

DirtySavage25 said:
haha your kidding, right.....i hope?

No he's not kidding.
If you want, put a Di gorno pizza in the oven also.
They will be done at the same time, and you will have something to eat while you work on the engine.

ZANDOR said:
to get the fly wheel off you will need to pry it off gentley pry a little all around it GENTLY!!!!
oh alrite thanks

hahahah nice ratzo, this fly wheels a pain in the @$$, I'm thinkin if i yank on it itll fly across the room...

Flywheel installation and removal are the most routine jobs required of a nitro racer. If you decide to upgrade an engine, test out a clutch, or remove the crankshaft from your nitro powerplant, you'll have to remove and reinstall the flywheel. Removing the flywheel is simple when you have the right tools. First remove the clutch bell, the clutch and the clutch nut. Next, use an automotive “battery terminal puller” (sold at all auto-parts stores for less than $10), and slip it over the flywheel and crankshaft. Twist the terminal puller's handle until the flywheel pops off, and that's it! You could alternatively use a rubber hammer to tap the flywheel off the crankshaft, but to limit crank and flywheel stress (and to avoid scratching the flywheel), invest in a terminal puller. i just found this...

thanks i guess, WsW WYATT EARP is helpin me step by step on aim.

i got everything out of the old case, is there a special way to put in the sleeve???

Back