I need a charger...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kris407

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
I need to charge a 14.8v 6950mAh battery for my starter box. What would can you recommend? Here's the older setup I've been using:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Is this charger okay to use? I don't think it has a Balancing option, that's why I'm asking. Is there a way I can use this charger to safely charge the battery or do I absolutely need a better one.

I used an electrifly Balance checker before I got my balancing charger.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXAEPR&P=ML

Of course a balancing charger is always best, and there are "smart" chargers out now that are pretty affordable.
That being said, I think you'd be alright using a $20 Balancer/checker until you come across a better charger. I got mine on ebay a couple years ago for like $50. I use a Dynamite Passport. One of the cheaper models I don't know the number right off, cause I'm riding in the car.

Thanks buddy. I'll look into the Dynamite. I'd rather buy a new charger if that's the best way to go.
I could still use this one to charge them up though, right?

I would think so. Personally, I'd want to be able to keep tabs on the balance. I've heard of people only balancing occasionally but I balance mine every charge. Takes a tad longer but... I'd rather be safe. Lol. There's a lot of good chargers out there. I think I'm going to invest in a Hitec X4 this summer.

I would think so. Personally, I'd want to be able to keep tabs on the balance. I've heard of people only balancing occasionally but I balance mine every charge. Takes a tad longer but... I'd rather be safe. Lol. There's a lot of good chargers out there. I think I'm going to invest in a Hitec X4 this summer.

I have this one Hitec X4 80 I really like it you will need a power supply for it I bought the epower box 30-Amp ac power supply.

Back