I got my first heli for Christmas!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NitroRC4Life

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
So for christmas my mom and dad got me an Eflite Blade MCX RTF Helicopter!!! i tried it out and noticed that flying helis is incredibly more difficult that driving my MERV, slash, and nitros!!! I did crash into a table but everything was fine!! I also may have hit the ceiling once or twice as well... but it very fun so far and in a little bit, probably tonight, ill post up some pics!!

yes racer, they are a heck of a lot fun!!! I'm already gettin pretty good with it that I learned how to use full control of the gyro, so now i can hover in one spot!! i was on a good run for about 10 minutes without crashing so I was doing little stunts to my sister, and got close to her (like a foot away) so she sticks out a fork into the blades and knocks it to the floor!! i screamed at her, but nothing broke!! then i got close to her again and I crashed into the table again.. hahaha but its reallly a LOT of fun so far!!!

You definitely will enjoy, had mine for a year and love it. btw congrats

thanks dude!! its so easy to charge the batt, like 20 minutes and its done.. my LHS was giving one extra with it if you bought the heli for christmas!! so i have two

yes racer, they are a heck of a lot fun!!! I'm already gettin pretty good with it that I learned how to use full control of the gyro, so now i can hover in one spot!! i was on a good run for about 10 minutes without crashing so I was doing little stunts to my sister, and got close to her (like a foot away) so she sticks out a fork into the blades and knocks it to the floor!! i screamed at her, but nothing broke!! then i got close to her again and I crashed into the table again.. hahaha but its reallly a LOT of fun so far!!!

They are small, but the blades will take an eye out or leave a nasty scar on your face.

You may not ever go on to bigger heli's but as a general rule...

Heli comes towards person, you cut power and crash heli away from person. Heli = fixable. Person = not so fixable.

Sorry to sound so "Victor Mature" :)

Last edited:
no i didn't hit her, and wasn't close to hitting her.. i was just saying that she hit down my heli, and i shouldn't have said a foot away, because it was more like 3 ft away.. and someday i HOPE to move onto something bigger..

Good one Ralph.... I started flying planes with a electric trainer but discovered people go down WAY too easy so I have started crashing in to cows now. Ok I know what you are going to say.....yes people dodge quicker and are more of a challenge to hit but knocking over a cow with an RC plane? You really have to get some speed up!

Good one Ralph.... I started flying planes with a electric trainer but discovered people go down WAY too easy so I have started crashing in to cows now. Ok I know what you are going to say.....yes people dodge quicker and are more of a challenge to hit but knocking over a cow with an RC plane? You really have to get some speed up!

There are cows in Japan?? WHATT!!!???

Sure that is where Kobe beef come from.....pretty hard for them to run while you are getting your skills up.

Naw I use a stuck wing aircraft. Planes, not helis.....a bit more survivable.

Naw I use a stuck wing aircraft. Planes, not helis.....a bit more survivable.

that is just down right WRONG!! but kinda funny in some WRONG way!! hahahaa:hehe:

Congrats! You have just found another awesome division of the R/C hobby. Flying will make you a better driver too!

-chris

Back