i compare the nitro hobby to how people are

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Getting back to this:

Most of us has years of experience in the mechanics of things such as if any one of us usually grew up
in a family that enjoyed hot rods ,racing or even w-ends of dirt biking will be more mechanically inclined!

My dad was into all of that as a hobby including hunting & fishing ,however ,my father & mother divorced
when I was about 6 years old ,my mother did the best she could ,so growing up ,I had to self teach myself ,
an of coarse ,made friends that always liked to wrench & build bicycles as a young kid then progressed into
some type of engine!
My first nitro engine was a airplane engine in which was a basic engine with a single needle carb. in which
that is all that is needed for them ,an today ,they are still like that!
Well anyway ,as I grew older an life of the younger years got turned around by marriage ,so therefore ,that
life style stopped ,that is when I was left alone in regards to that type of past time ,well then that is when I
chose to pick up the RC hobby an it was aircraft with my first nitro engine ,so I leaned from early on in my
child hood from watching friends an other people fix things!

Every one is different ,in some cases some people dont know how to explain the how to or the why very
well ,or even be of good company for that matter ,but do know how to tune or fix just about anything!

Sometimes you have to separate yourself an get to know & learn your capabilities to build your confidence!
One can complicate themselves with others behaviors an just make life confusing ,the key to that is to remove
yourself from that environment an quit wasting energy on forcing someone to like or help you!

One can not just pick up something overnight ,it takes time ,trial an errors to master things through life!

When is the last time an how many times have you actually took time to run a nitro engine ,do you
get frustrated real quick an give up?.....If so ,then maybe this type of hobby isnt for you ,you had wasted
your time going through tons of good vids of good people that showed an gave you the basics ,you
should be glad those people took the time to put that content out there for other people to learn!...

Good luck on your journey!...😎....👍
Well said sir

Guess I went off topic sorry about that. But Nothing in life is ever easy. Got to put in the time and pay your dues. To the thing you want to learn and master. As far as nitro motors go. I have had my Tmaxx's 2.5and 3.3 since it the early 2000s. And poop I still have trouble sometimes tunning it for the weather conditions. It's all takes time, patience, and the willingness to learn. Nitro sucks LOL But nothing compares to the smell of nitro in the morning air.😁😁
LOVE IT!!!!!!!!

I started with Cox airplanes in about 1967. Then bigger airplanes with larger nitro engines. I only started cars in the last 10 years.

Life is to short to spend it trying to please people who will never be happy. Be true to yourself first. If your lucky you will find like minded people to spend your time with. Kind of like my forum buddies. 😍 I can count my real friends on one hand, then there are just folks who want something from you, I like to call those relatives. 🤣

Life is to short to spend it trying to please people who will never be happy. Be true to yourself first. If your lucky you will find like minded people to spend your time with. Kind of like my forum buddies. 😍 I can cound my real friends on one hand, then there are just folks who want something from you, I like to call those relatives. 🤣
wish i have buddys

And can sit there and have conversations or debate or have other opinions about stuff in general with out feeling attacked or take it personally or hurt feelings.
Bro. I felt this. I debate people all the time, especially online but its so hard because 99% of the time the other person doesn't debate, they argue and then get pissed off and start name calling.

Getting back to this:

Most of us has years of experience in the mechanics of things such as if any one of us usually grew up
in a family that enjoyed hot rods ,racing or even w-ends of dirt biking will be more mechanically inclined!

My dad was into all of that as a hobby including hunting & fishing ,however ,my father & mother divorced
when I was about 6 years old ,my mother did the best she could ,so growing up ,I had to self teach myself ,
an of coarse ,made friends that always liked to wrench & build bicycles as a young kid then progressed into
some type of engine!
My first nitro engine was a airplane engine in which was a basic engine with a single needle carb. in which
Well anyway ,as I grew older an life of the younger years got turned around by marriage ,so therefore ,that
life style stopped ,that is when I was left alone in regards to that type of past time ,well then that is when I
chose to pick up the RC hobby an it was aircraft with my first nitro engine ,so I leaned from early on in my

Every one is different ,in some cases some people dont know how to explain the how to or the why very
well ,or even be of good company for that matter ,but do know how to tune or fix just about anything!

Sometimes you have to separate yourself an get to know & learn your capabilities to build your confidence!
One can complicate themselves with others behaviors an just make life confusing ,the key to that is to remove
yourself from that environment an quit wasting energy on forcing someone to like or help you!

One can not just pick up something overnight ,it takes time ,trial an errors to master things through life!

When is the last time an how many times have you actually took time to run a nitro engine ,do you
get frustrated real quick an give up?.....If so ,then maybe this type of hobby isnt for you ,you had wasted
your time going through tons of good vids of good people that showed an gave you the basics ,you
should be glad those people took the time to put that content out there for other people to learn!...

Well said!

Even dogs don't like me it's crazy lol
Dogs are overrated :p

wish i have buddys
I'm 47 and I have 3 people in my life that I consider true friends.

Put some bacon in your pocket
Bro, I almost pissed myself laughing. 😀😁😆😂🤣💀

Bro. I felt this. I debate people all the time, especially online but its so hard because 99% of the time the other person doesn't debate, they argue and then get pissed off and start name calling.
TRUTH! everyone is so worried about being on the winning side of the argument, that they don't even want to hear an opinion that differs from thier own. I personally like to learn stuff, heck if you prove me wrong, it's a win for me, it means I learned something new.

Well said!

Dogs are overrated :p

I'm 47 and I have 3 people in my life that I consider true friends.
Thats because they get butt hurt and think there are being attacked in some way so they go into defense mode

Very true

Sorry I'm a dog guy and cats I have a zoo here lol

I'm 43 and only have two true friends in my life. It's easier that way I think plus alot of people just want something to benefit themselves

TRUTH! everyone is so worried about being on the winning side of the argument, that they don't even want to hear an opinion that differs from thier own. I personally like to learn stuff, heck if you prove me wrong, it's a win for me, it means I learned something new.
Yes sir I learn something new everyday on job sites and talking to all of you. With out learning and growth. You would be stuck in the mud spinning you tiers

Getting back to this:

some type of engine!

Hi-yah i'm sorry if I turn out a certain way it's just I was excited to learn about something basically. I think I'll have a private chat with you but in the meantime let me say this.

Sometimes I get a little bit hyper. Cuz these suspense is really killing me as far as curiosity and just the closure. That I am getting close to. It's just I won't say much but yeah some of the information you gave me did get me some ideas as as things. They suspend sometimes I guess I get that way I'm kind of known to get that way. I don't know it's just the world I went and stayed at not by choice but by life is a weird world that is unusual it's worse than ET lol!!

I mean I get that a debate is an argument of sorts but an argument supported by research and facts. When I think I know what I'm talking about I'll debate it till I'm blue in the face but my arguments will come with sources to back up what I'm saying. So often that isnt the case on the other side. The other side so often just argues their opinion as fact and when you start showing them they are wrong the get mad and dont want to hear it so they resort to name calling or whatever. Sometimes though, like with Bri26 not to long ago, he actually presented references online to what he was talking about and even though I had argued my side as vigorously as possible he eventually gave me a couple sources that when I read them I had to take a stwep back and seriously reconsider my side of the debate. When I had researched his sources and some of my own that were related I came to the ultimate conslusion that I was wrong and he was right and I was thankful to learn something new. I dont care that I was wrong and he was right. I only care about being right when I am actually right. So many people want to act like finding out that something that they thought they knew is wrong is some kind of disgrace or a bad thing but it isnt. The point is to teach and/or learn.

Sorry I'm a dog guy and cats I have a zoo here lol
2 Dogs and 2 Cats here but they were mostly forced upon me by my wife lol
I'm 43 and only have two true friends in my life. It's easier that way I think plus alot of people just want something to benefit themselves
I know what you mean. Like I said earlier, most people are selfish and the ones just want to take from a friendship and never give arent worth having around. You gotta keep them kind of people out of your inner circle.

I don't know it's just the world I went and stayed at not by choice but by life is a weird world that is unusual it's worse than ET lol!!
All I gotta say about that is that we all live in our own little weird worlds. Granted some maybe a little weirder than others but regardless you just gotta take the weird little world and figure out how to make it your own and rock it. To hell with what anyone else thinks, or says about it. You can not let people stand in the way of your happiness. The ones that do arent worth having in your life anyway. Life is like a poker game. Every hand you just gotta play em as they come. Sometimes you win and sometimes you lose but you just do the best with what you're dealt and at the end of the day you just take pride in the fact that you put in the work to try and improve your life in some way. Be proud of where you are at every stage in your life but dont settle for anything. Always have a plan to make your life better and always be working toward those goals.

This is a great forum ,an as great people that makes this forum great give out great advice out
every time that works for them an helps others but when someone ask for help & advise an a bunch of us
give out our time to do so is great & dandy ,but when someone is using this great forum & great folks
here knowledge as a tool to manage mental issues is not good!

So far in this case ,what has came out of this whole ordeal mess was time wasted ,only because someone
would rather ,have somebody to talk to an is using this forum as a scape goat or a crutch to make them
self feel good or wanted ,because they are only making excuses to drag the chit chat out ,rather than
take their sh!tz out an run it!
Any thing BUT from here on out is going to be bullsh!tz!

We all here gave ,the person is not even showing & applying what they are learning ,an one of the best
ways to learn is to run your shitz an quit looking for excuses!

There is an old Hindu saying ,IT IS BETTER TO HAVE TRIED ,THEN NEVER HAD TRIED AT ALL!

We dont want to live in someone elses horrid past ,it is your past an we can't fix that ,an you yourself
is wasting every ones & your own time trying to fix something that is totally impossible!

Brother ,you are an intelligent person ,maybe more than me because it took me this long to figure
out that you are ,what gives you away ,is your writing in your paragraphs an the wording an big
words that you use that only people with college skills & intelligent people use ,so quit conning
& manipulating people for attention!

I will no longer be a part of these charades ,I am done here!...:thumbs-up:.....😎

Last edited:
Man, I have no idea what this thread is about, lol. Drawn to it because of the nitro though :D

As for nitro itself, I don't think it's all that complex as some make it out to be. I know some people struggle, but a few simple pointers tend to straighten them out pretty quick - along with knowing the factory settings to use as a starting point.

Man, I have no idea what this thread is about, lol. Drawn to it because of the nitro though :D

As for nitro itself, I don't think it's all that complex as some make it out to be. I know some people struggle, but a few simple pointers tend to straighten them out pretty quick - along with knowing the factory settings to use as a starting point.
I think the OP was having trouble with learning nitro, and what he has learned dealing with those issues he is trying to relate to his issues dealing with people.

I have no problem with that. We all have our demons we battle. I myself have become a bit of a hermit, and this began long before this covid crap came about. I just don't like most people. So many will take advantage of their grandmother if it benefits them.

Part of the reason is also my disability keeps me from venturing too far from a place I can rest. I can still walk, but it takes a lot out of me.

But lately, with my son getting into RC (FINALLY - YAY!), I have forced myself to venture farther and farther. I grab my cane and off we go. If I walk to the point I can barely handle the pain, I still have to push myself to walk back. It is working. The only drawbsck is the pain I endure afterwards is pretty excruciating.

The great thing though, RC is making me forget the pain while we are out and about. So I can actually enjoy time with my son. And in doing so I have actually talked to a couple neighbors I never met before, that are actually pretty cool people. One guy walked up and was checking out the road car we just built.

So I guess what I am trying to say to the OP is quit sitting at your pc, on your phone, or whatever, talking about making friends, and go do it. I have sat in on some of your live streams, and I feel your pain. But quit that poop and go enjoy life bro.

Or maybe I don't understand a damn thing 🤔

This is a great forum ,an as great people that makes this forum great give out great advice out
every time that works for them an helps others but when someone ask for help & advise an a bunch of us
give out our time to do so is great & dandy ,but when someone is using this great forum & great folks
here knowledge as a tool to manage mental issues is not good!

So far in this case ,what has came out of this whole ordeal mess was time wasted ,only because someone
would rather ,have somebody to talk to an is using this forum as a scape goat or a crutch to make them
self feel good or wanted ,because they are only making excuses to drag the chit chat out ,rather than
take their sh!tz out an run it!
Any thing BUT from here on out is going to be bullsh!tz!

We all here gave ,the person is not even showing & applying what they are learning ,an one of the best
ways to learn is to run your shitz an quit looking for excuses!

There is an old Hindu saying ,IT IS BETTER TO HAVE TRIED ,THEN NEVER HAD TRIED AT ALL!

We dont want to live in someone elses horrid past ,it is your past an we can't fix that ,an you yourself
is wasting every ones & your own time trying to fix something that is totally impossible!

Brother ,you are an intelligent person ,maybe more than me because it took me this long to figure
out that you are ,what gives you away ,is your writing in your paragraphs an the wording an big
words that you use that only people with college skills & intelligent people use ,so quit conning
& manipulating people for attention!

I will no longer be a part of these charades ,I am done here!...:thumbs-up:.....😎
Hello, I didn't see your response on this other thread until today.

I don't know what you mean by using things as a crutch or getting manipulation as far as attention.

But everything I've been saying to you and been wanting a professing it's nothing more but trying to figure out stuff. It is not used as a crutch to get people to talk with me.

Well I'm trying to figure out is what do you think that I'm doing wrong? Other than just try to figure out stuff and making sure of it. Yes I compared to stuff in life but that doesn't mean that's the reason I'm doing these studies are threads.

I'm not trying to play no charades whatsoever everything I'm doing is absolutely serious I don't even know how to be manipulative at Fact one of the words cunning I don't even know what that was I had to look it up.

I'm sorry if you felt that I came off a certain way reading your thread reply however everything you were saying is not true except one thing that is. I do have a case of not being sure of things as far as learning stuff. But to say that I'm using all that as attention at all this stuff. It's not what's on my mind at all. This is one of the problems I gone through everytime I try to get help for stuff people think this exact same stuff that you are saying yesterday. And that's not what I'm trying to imply or think at all.

There is no manipulation. I don't understand why people don't get it. Yes I have my demons but I'm not much putting them on anybody. And what I ask to make sure how I was getting it as far as the Nitro thing.

You took it as if that I was using it as a tension to manipulate you, or to do something. And that's not what's on my mind honestly. You see this is the first time I'm beginning to understand Nitro. At the same time basically I basically just seeing things in a way that I've never seen.

Again you said everything was cool but I spoke with you on this conversation. What what you can't seem to understand is I'm not trying to use nobody, all I'm trying to do it's do everything as well as may be to be fair maybe forming relationships. Cuz that's what sometimes forms can do. But that is not the first thing that's on my mind when I made a form account. Is it be this attention seeker. Or start drama. Please understand what I'm saying.

I end up running into this response by mistake I didn't even know that someone responded to this thread. As far as other people. So maybe you can

offer me a better way to ask for help without coming off as some kind of an attention seeker. Because here's the problem I have this problem Everywhere I Go. And to be honest hearing it from you it kind of disturbed me.

Last edited:
Back