HSP Brontosaurus turning issues

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tastic82

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hi all

I'm having a problem with my turning. when i swap the wires on the receiver so that the servo turns with the trigger, then the servo turns properly. because of this then i replaced the receiver, thinking that wast the issue, but it is still doing the same. I'm running a 5000mAh 2S liPo. When I tried another LiPo, i noticed that the steering worked a bit better, but not by much... it turns more by steering by using the trim. Any advice on what is the problem. The Transmitter? Not getting enough power? The servo (even though it works fine when swapping wires and using the trigger)?
I've since burnt out my ESC and replaced it and still having the same issue.
So I've replaced the receiver and the ESC and it hasn't made a difference.

Thanking you all in advance

Hi all

I'm having a problem with my turning. when i swap the wires on the receiver so that the servo turns with the trigger, then the servo turns properly. because of this then i replaced the receiver, thinking that wast the issue, but it is still doing the same. I'm running a 5000mAh 2S liPo. When I tried another LiPo, i noticed that the steering worked a bit better, but not by much... it turns more by steering by using the trim. Any advice on what is the problem. The Transmitter? Not getting enough power? The servo (even though it works fine when swapping wires and using the trigger)?
I've since burnt out my ESC and replaced it and still having the same issue.
So I've replaced the receiver and the ESC and it hasn't made a difference.

Thanking you all in advance
does sound like transmitter, if you've already tried a new receiver. wonder if something broke within the steering wheel portion if the TX.

Another possibility is, someone bumped a Dual Rate/Steering Rate switch. Depending on transmitter, those switches are sometimes located at, or close to the thumb grip; thus making it very easy to accidentally turn down the throw of the steering servo.

Old thread i know, but I have a similar issue.
Swapped radio channels by switching wires in tx. Fixed the steering but then had limited throttle.
For me, the throw adjuster seems to do nothing at all.
I also notice that when i first turn the tx on, the issue is worse, but after a few minutes the steering level increases.

It's always harder to adjust the steering when it's sitting on the ground since it's dealing with the extra friction of not moving. Put the car up on a brick when you're testing it.
We also need to know exactly what radio you are using in order to know what adjustments will be possible.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT:
Never mind. He hasn't been here since his last post 7 months ago.

Last edited:
Back