HSN seal loose

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

REVO-5309

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hey I have an lrp z28r s3 motor. The HSN is loose and keeps winding down and leaning the motor out. I'm at work ATM, wondering if there is something I can use or do to fix the rubber or do I need to buy a new seal?

I would buy a new seal and some Green Slime to help seal it when you do. Green Slime is used to help seal O-rings and seals in RC applications. The stuff I use is Team Associated branded.

Yeh I have the green slim. I did try that but it was still loose. Anyone know where I can get the seal from?

U know where I can get a new one?

---------- Post added at 7:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 7:40 AM ----------

Ps I'm in australia

New o-rings are a good idea, but I would not recommend teflon tape because it will get into places where it doesn't belong. Use a dab of green slime or dielectric grease on the o-rings.

I'm going to share a trick that I use, call me crazy if you like, or else don't blame me for your potential mistake when trying this idea:
Take some pliers with semi-fine teeth on them (like needle nose for example) and squeeze the threads on the hsn needle hard enough to leave teeth marks across the tops of the threads. Make sure you do this little by little if once isn't enough. Thread the needle back into it's home and it should not move again.

---------- Post added at 5:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 5:07 PM ----------

Fyi, Nitrohouse may have the parts.

New o-rings are a good idea, but I would not recommend teflon tape because it will get into places where it doesn't belong. Use a dab of green slime or dielectric grease on the o-rings.

I'm going to share a trick that I use, call me crazy if you like, or else don't blame me for your potential mistake when trying this idea:
Take some pliers with semi-fine teeth on them (like needle nose for example) and squeeze the threads on the hsn needle hard enough to leave teeth marks across the tops of the threads. Make sure you do this little by little if once isn't enough. Thread the needle back into it's home and it should not move again.

---------- Post added at 5:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 5:07 PM ----------

Fyi, Nitrohouse may have the parts.

I've done the thing with the pliers but I thought if I told him that, someone would tell him "I wouldn't recommend doing that". That's kind of funny!

I works, but it's not the most ideal thing to do. I really like doing that on those pesky traxxas pillow ball caps.

You can also try soaking the o-ring in fuel for a few hours. When o-rings dry out, they shrink. Soaking them in fuel for a while usually makes the swell back up some. I've been able to salvage old carb o-rings that way before.

yeh i was thinking of using fuel, just dont wanna let it get too big. if i can find the o-ring replacement id prefer to have a spare at least for when it happens again (if it happens again)

Negative. There a few places I found the part number but its like 20$ +postage for the I ring kit

Am also doing the "pliers" method and it works.

Back