HRB $20 3S lipos!!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've used turnigys in the past in some racing drones and I had no complaints. Far better than the factory eachine batteries the drones came with. I don't recall the series though.

Can anyone recommend a good place online to buy lipo's?

chinahobbyline.com has mainly the racing series that Grey said to avoid.

Rcbattery.com only has 5 and 6k mah liperior's that will fit the two big trucks I'm looking to feed. I tried some other low MAH batteries and they dont work well. Very short run time and they heat up. If I remember correctly, 7-8k mah is what is recommended in the Outcast running the XLX2 and 1100kv setup.

Hobbyking has nothing in the correct size and cell count.

I didn't see Grey mention SMC. Are they any good? Is that something that was tested? They seem a little pricey but I dont mind if they are worth it.

Rcbattery.com only has 5 and 6k mah liperior's that will fit the two big trucks I'm looking to feed. I tried some other low MAH batteries and they dont work well. Very short run time and they heat up. If I remember correctly, 7-8k mah is what is recommended in the Outcast running the XLX2 and 1100kv setup.

I didn't see Grey mention SMC. Are they any good? Is that something that was tested? They seem a little pricey but I dont mind if they are worth it.
SMC is a reputable brand. A lot of racers use them. It's just they are a little pricey. If you don't mind the extra cost, then I would go with SMC.

SMC is a reputable brand. A lot of racers use them. It's just they are a little pricey. If you don't mind the extra cost, then I would go with SMC.
$55 for a 5200mah 4s is not bad, mine was under 2 IR out of the box too.

What exactly are you looking for? cell count, dimentions, etc?

4s. The length cannot exceed 6.95 inches which is the dimension that seems hard to match up. Height isn't an issue and width around 2 inch. 5k mah are too small. I'd like to be in the 8k range or better. I have a set that are 9k mah at exactly the above mentioned dimensions so what I'm looking for should be possible. with XT90's would be nice but I like the smell of solder and have a pile of connectors so not necessary.

4s. The length cannot exceed 6.95 inches which is the dimension that seems hard to match up. Height isn't an issue and width around 2 inch. 5k mah are too small. I'd like to be in the 8k range or better. I have a set that are 9k mah at exactly the above mentioned dimensions so what I'm looking for should be possible. with XT90's would be nice but I like the smell of solder and have a pile of connectors so not necessary.
I am not a big fan of high capacity batteries because of 2 reasons.

First, excessive weight, every gram saved will affect performance and durability. Also price, I would rather have to cheaper packs of 5000 mah then one expensive 9000.

Second is that many packs with large capacity are either false ratings or small real discharge rate especially for budget lipos.

I talked about some lipos and compared in different post. Lectron pro have such a bad discharge rate, that when used in powerful 8 scale cars, in my case stock erevo 2.0, voltage sag is so bad that when low voltage cutoff hits, resting voltage on the batteries is 3.8v and if I drive agressive I can use only 2400mah out of 5200 mah. When I compare liperior pro 4000mah, I can use at least 3900mah out of 4000 until lvc hits

Have you ever ran 4 and 5k mah packs in a 1/5 scale? I have and it's not good. Less than 10 min run times and the lipos get hot. I guess it's possible that the 3 brands I've tried just weren't up to the task but I don't believe that's the case.

Because I'm running a castle system, I decided to ask them and while they were reluctant to offer up brand advice, they did say to run 7k mah minimum.

I've tried zeee 8k mah with mediocre results. Zeee 9k's were much better as far as temp and longevity but were out performed peak power wise by a set of similar mah gens.ace bashers. Unfortunately, the GA's had a very short life span. Very disappointing considering they were some of the highest priced batteries out there.

I understand that everyone has opinions on this and I appreciate everyone's input. I just want something that's actually worth the money and won't melt down.

Have you ever ran 4 and 5k mah packs in a 1/5 scale? I have and it's not good. Less than 10 min run times and the lipos get hot. I guess it's possible that the 3 brands I've tried just weren't up to the task but I don't believe that's the case.

Because I'm running a castle system, I decided to ask them and while they were reluctant to offer up brand advice, they did say to run 7k mah minimum.

I've tried zeee 8k mah with mediocre results. Zeee 9k's were much better as far as temp and longevity but were out performed peak power wise by a set of similar mah gens.ace bashers. Unfortunately, the GA's had a very short life span. Very disappointing considering they were some of the highest priced batteries out there.

I understand that everyone has opinions on this and I appreciate everyone's input. I just want something that's actually worth the money and won't melt down.
I assumed that you are running 10 or 8 scale because you have limited size battery compartment. I don't have any 5 scale except xmaxx, but I think xmaxx is not a true 5 scale, more like 6, and liperior pro 5000 mah 75c perform flawlessly.

I don't have a lot of experience with cnhl but I would assume from what I have seen that this are decent high capacity packs and they should fit.

https://chinahobbyline.com/collecti...8v-4s-90c-lipo-battery-with-bullet-8-0mm-plug

That battery would fit and by the numbers should work great. GW, the member here who was testing a bunch of lipo's, said to stay away from CNHL's racing series lipos as they tested poorly.

I have an xmaxx as well and in factory form, 5k mah lipos worked great. Now that I'm running a larger power system (XLX2 and HW 1100kv) those same lipo's struggle.

The dimensions I mentioned are on an 8s Arrma Outcast. I could extend the trays a bit if I have to but I'm trying to keep the batteries inside the chassis. Any longer than that and they are exposed past the chassis.

I have not tested those particular CNHL lipos posted above. The Racing series lipos I tested are the black ones with the orange labeling. They werent terrible but the G+ series tested much better. I dont know whats going on with the "Racing" line from CNHL. I just went and looked at their site again and they have 3 or 4 different looking LiPos that all say "Racing Series" but all look different. The last time I was on their website about a year ago they only had two and I just assumed one pack was an older design. I emailed them asking about it to see if they were the same just with an old label on them or if they were different but never received a reply.

THESE Liperior 7000mAh 50C lipos are 5.44in x 1.75in x 1.7in. That should fit the bill

Thank you GW, I'll give those a try.

Back