HRB $20 3S lipos!!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glitch

RCTalk Qualifier
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
These HRB 3s 6000mah batteries are currently on a prime member only deal for 21 dollars! They are usually 70!! https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0716XTT6N/

I am buying two right now. They’re free returns, so what can I lose? (As long as they don’t catch on fire 😂) I might buy more if y’all think this is a great price.

I've seen liperior packs recommended from several people on here. I was just looking at their products and I'm curious as to why their C ratings are so low. Most 4s lipo packs I see advertise 100c or better but all the liperior packs are half that. I've never used any liperior packs and the prices look good. Just wonder how well they would perform in rigs like the Xmaxx and Outcast 8s. So far all I've tried are some old Venoms, Gens.ace, and Zee. Of the three, I think the GA's performed the best but didn't last very long. The performance of the Zee packs seem pretty middle of the road but they seem to hold up well.

I've seen liperior packs recommended from several people on here. I was just looking at their products and I'm curious as to why their C ratings are so low. Most 4s lipo packs I see advertise 100c or better but all the liperior packs are half that. I've never used any liperior packs and the prices look good. Just wonder how well they would perform in rigs like the Xmaxx and Outcast 8s. So far all I've tried are some old Venoms, Gens.ace, and Zee. Of the three, I think the GA's performed the best but didn't last very long. The performance of the Zee packs seem pretty middle of the road but they seem to hold up well.
Most of the LiPos I've tested have a true C rating somewhere between 20-30C with the exceptional packs in the 30-34C range so dont pay any attention to advertised C ratings. A lot of the crappy packs have a true C ratings between 14-20. Liperiors are some of the better LiPos I've tested and theyre probably one of the best packs for their price point. The 50C pack I tested had a True C Rating of 31C so definitely in top portion of the class there. Liperiors Endurance line sucks so stick to the yellow packs and the black Liperior Pro packs. CNHL G+ series are probably second best LiPos for the price, followed by Zippy Compact lipos and regular old Turnigy packs. Zeee packs are pretty crappy in the overall scheme of LiPos.

Last edited:
Like greywolf said, claimed c rating is inaccurate and in most cases doesn't mean anything. Liperior are exceptional, I even have liperior 20c that perform much better than some "50c".

Just before ordering make sure to check size of the battery, some liperior packs are bulky and non standard size and in some cars like many Traxxas cars can be an issue. So check battery compartment size for rc that you intend to use the battery and check size of the pack

These HRB 3s 6000mah batteries are currently on a prime member only deal for 21 dollars! They are usually 70!! https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0716XTT6N/

I am buying two right now. They’re free returns, so what can I lose? (As long as they don’t catch on fire 😂) I might buy more if y’all think this is a great price.
Too bad it's only for prime members :(

Like greywolf said, claimed c rating is inaccurate and in most cases doesn't mean anything. Liperior are exceptional, I even have liperior 20c that perform much better than some "50c".

Just before ordering make sure to check size of the battery, some liperior packs are bulky and non standard size and in some cars like many Traxxas cars can be an issue. So check battery compartment size for rc that you intend to use the battery and check size of the pack
So you mean that the gens.ace 100c lipos are actually closer to 50c?

Wasn't there a thread on here with someone testing lipo's? I'm curious as to how this information came about. How are the discharge rates being tested? How are the manufacturers getting away with false advertisement?

Wasn't there a thread on here with someone testing lipo's? I'm curious as to how this information came about. How are the discharge rates being tested? How are the manufacturers getting away with false advertisement?
Yeah, @Greywolf74 has been testing LiPo's for over a year now using his custom built discharger and dataloggers.

If you wanna know what that C rating is on battery labels, give Maxamps a call. One of their engineers will be happy to explain it to you. My head hurt after talking to one, but the label is basically the "burst" rating the battery can handle before the flames come out. Not what it will actually put out running your RC. At least that is what I gathered.

Maybe Grey can verify this from his data, but I would think you would want high mAh and low IR values for a battery to perform well, regardless of what it says on the label.

I fully understand what the C rating means, I'm just surprised they aren't accurate. Although talking to an engineer about it sounds like fun.

I can't seem to find a thread about lipo testing. Can someone point me to it?

I fully understand what the C rating means, I'm just surprised they aren't accurate. Although talking to an engineer about it sounds like fun.

I can't seem to find a thread about lipo testing. Can someone point me to it?
It got deleted because some people wanted to argue lol. It will hopefully be coming back.

I'm currently in need of a few pairs of 4s for the Outcast. The gens.ace basher packs I was using died after a few months which was super disappointing considering the price. Lesson learned. Gens.ace will get no more of my money.

The zeee 4s packs I have are the oldest ones and still balance well but the performance is lacking compared to the gens.ace packs. I'm still unsure of what to try next for replacements.

So you mean that the gens.ace 100c lipos are actually closer to 50c?
The Gens_Ace Adventure 100C LiPo has a true C rating of 29.6C. They are actually good lipos. The regular Gens and the Bashing series are not so hot and even though the Adventure line tests pretty well, they arent worth the money compared to other brands that perform as well or better for less money.

I'm currently in need of a few pairs of 4s for the Outcast. The gens.ace basher packs I was using died after a few months which was super disappointing considering the price. Lesson learned. Gens.ace will get no more of my money.

The zeee 4s packs I have are the oldest ones and still balance well but the performance is lacking compared to the gens.ace packs. I'm still unsure of what to try next for replacements.
Zeee packs are pretty crappy overall as are most of the cheap Amazon LiPos. As for what to order, if you're looking for best bang for your buck then my top for picks in order would be:
1) Liperor & Liperior Pro (Not the Liperior Endurance line. They suck)
2) CNHL (G+ series not the Racing series)
3) Zippy Compact (Not regular Zippy)
4) Turnigy (Regular old Turnigy. Nano tech is good too but arent worth the extra money imo. All the other lines of Turnigy LiPos are either crap or waaaay overpriced.

I'm going to make a new post with some limited battery info in it but it wont be like the old post. It will have some info on my testing methods and my plan going forward in terms of accessing the full excel spread sheet with filterable results.

The Gens_Ace Adventure 100C LiPo has a true C rating of 29.6C. They are actually good lipos. The regular Gens and the Bashing series are not so hot and even though the Adventure line tests pretty well, they arent worth the money compared to other brands that perform as well or better for less money.

Zeee packs are pretty crappy overall as are most of the cheap Amazon LiPos. As for what to order, if you're looking for best bang for your buck then my top for picks in order would be:
1) Liperor & Liperior Pro (Not the Liperior Endurance line. They suck)
2) CNHL (G+ series not the Racing series)
3) Zippy Compact (Not regular Zippy)
4) Turnigy (Regular old Turnigy. Nano tech is good too but arent worth the extra money imo. All the other lines of Turnigy LiPos are either crap or waaaay overpriced.

I'm going to make a new post with some limited battery info in it but it wont be like the old post. It will have some info on my testing methods and my plan going forward in terms of accessing the full excel spread sheet with filterable results.
Thank you for the info GW. Most if us probably don't have the time or equipment to test lipo's. I just go by my personal experience but it gets pricey when you spend a couple hundred to find out they stink. The gensacearespammers I referenced earlier were the basher line. I don't recommend them.

I look forward to seeing the info you've compiled and appreciate the time and effort. Your an asset to the forum.

Thank you for the info GW. Most if us probably don't have the time or equipment to test lipo's. I just go by my personal experience but it gets pricey when you spend a couple hundred to find out they stink. The gensacearespammers I referenced earlier were the basher line. I don't recommend them.

I look forward to seeing the info you've compiled and appreciate the time and effort. Your an asset to the forum.
I shouldnt say that the Nano Techs arent worth the extra money, They are better than the regular Turnigy but theyre also like twice as expensive but you dont get twice the performance out of them so if you have the cash to spare and you're looking at Turnigys then Nano Techs are better.

Thanks for the kind words. :)

Back