Sold / Found Extended LCG Savage X RTR for $350 shipped

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scrogg

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
100_0999.jpg

This is an old photo, I have since removed the wing and mount because I did not like the way the body sat unlevel on the truck
It comes with a HotBodies Powerhouse .26 engine with a GPM CVEC style pipe. It's geared 16/47, Integy purple lightweight flywheel, Nova clutch shoes with Ofna 1mm springs. Roughly 1/2 to 3/4 gallon through the engine. Twisted Toys 1/2" rear extended TVPs. This is a VERY RARE chassis, I only know of a small handful being made. It's tough as nails. The chassis has seen use on other trucks but it will last forever basically. It has a full center skid with some dings and scratches. When they were being produced this chassis cost over 100 dollars roughly 6 years ago . Twisted-Toys pioneered the LCG and extended chassis movement back in the day. This chassis also has more front "kickup" to help it handle more aggressively and take the bumps better. The chassis is rock solid, not flimsy like a stock Savage chassis. These chassis where made by Innovative R/C on the down low, a long time ago.
The entire drivetrain has no more than two gallons on it. I recently replaced the rear diff outdrive bearings, I also installed 10K diff fluid. There is about 30 minutes of use on that. Front diff feels good, no slop in it, still has grease in it. The diff housings and skids are sealed with RTV. I just inspected and cleaned the tranny internally and replaced the spur.
It has the older style Savage 25 SS A-arms, adjustable uppers. The whole truck was new never ran except for the chassis when I recieved the truck in a trade a year ago. Most of the hardware is high quality black oxide hex screws.
Parma X-Citer body painted Candy Blue with purple speks.....was not intentional but it turned out OK. The purple sprayed clean when I tested it....2 seconds later it splattered on half the body, so I ran with it. The lid is in good shape, just a few surface scrapes from my daughter's lack of driving skills. No cracks. It has a clear wing shoogooed to the body, I felt this was better than the double sided white tape they included with the body/wing.
The suspension is set up for racing. One shock per side on the front, 4 shocks like normal in the rear but it's set plush. The shocks have the purple HPI al. caps. The reason for removing two shocks in the front is to gain more steering throw.
The X style brakes are roughly 1/2 gallon old and I C.A. glued the edges of the discs to prevent delamination.
Electronics; An Ofna standard servo on throttle duty. It does the job and will make the truck do a front flip if you use too much brake. No problems opening/closing the carb slide as I know how to set up a linkage right. An extra JR270 servo will be included in the spares. Steering servo is an old JR9000T, it has some play in it but you don't notice it driving the truck. It has 300+ oz. of torque @ 6 volts with a transit somewhere around .15 or so.This was 110 bucks new. A Team Orion 1600mah 5 cell hump pack. Charge jack installed so you do not have to remove the radio box lid to charge the rx pack.
The Tx/Rx is my old Spektrum 2.0. It's ugly due to the antenna plastic casing broke and I had to remove it. I have the antenna rigged as I just did not want to ship it to Horizon, wait forever and pay an arm and leg for something that is cosmetic and does not affect use. The Tx works perfect, it has never let me down. The Rx antenna wire is missing some rubber shielding due to it being old and wearing out from years of use. It could stand to be replaced but I cannot solder something like that so I left it alone. It still works just fine as is, the exposed wire is in the plastic antenna tube anyways. I have never had a range issue, the failsafe still kicks in like it is supposed to when the batts run low. Being that this is one of the first gen. Spektrums this much wear and tear is to be expected. I never dropped it, it just fell over one day and landed perfect on the antenna, that's why it broke. It may not be the prettiest TX, but it beats AM or FM anyday IMO.
Tires are like new Proline CrimeFighter M2 Maxx size on Proline 1/2" offset black dish wheels, 17mm hexes. I also have all the stuff for 14mm hex wheels.
350 shipped firm, paypal only. The ONLY trades I'll consider is a good truggy roller, NO BB Tmaxxes :D or any other Traxxas products...except maybe a Slash or a Team Losi Desert truck of equal value or plus some cash. I'm really after cash or a truggy first and foremost. I do not ship overseas, Canadians will pay roughly an extra 25 bucks for shipping.
This truck is mechanically sound and handles great. She does not wheelie, it's setup for racing. The only time it will wheelie is if it hits a bump while accelerating hard. On pavement it will pull the fronts up about 2" from the ground for about 5 feet, that's it. You can easily change the suspension and clutch for wheelies though. The exhaust is loud and nasty but it is the only pipe I have that makes power on the engine. There is no rear bumper, I'll see if the LHS has the parts to replace it.
Spares, assort servo horns, extra tank mounts, extra clutch shoes and springs, bunch of shock springs, some al. shock cartridges, one extra assembled shock, a HPI polished pipe, 2 roto starts, an Integy al. front bumper(it's actually pretty strong, I tried to bend/break it:D No luck)....probably some more stuff I am forgetting. Updated pics of everything will come ASAP by camera phone....my wife is in trouble for leaving my digital camera out of town for too long!
Sorry for the long read if you are still with me!:) I try to be as informative as possible. Reason for selling is lack of use/interest and I neeeeeed a new truggy more than I need the Savage.
E-Bay user ID is scruggsrc, check my feedback there if you need more feedback on me. Also check Savage-Central.....100% positive here, on E-Bay and S-C!

I have a really good BB-Max I might trade you for it ;) ! Its worth at least $550!...Oh damn you posted No T-Maxxes...bummer. Oh yeah and Bump TTT for a great truck!

Bump, sorry I was busy all weekend. i'll try to get updated pics tonight.

You sure that's a Savage and not a new Truggy for you to race? lol Looks pretty sweet man! Now when you gonna come up to Cape Fear!

Nope, she's a good old Savage brick! i'll be stepping back from racing for a while. Funding is low, I am starting over with a new racer from scratch. Going to take my time and save some money. I'll make it up there before this year is up hopefully, if nothing else just to watch. I'll pit for ya' too.

Just make sure if you pit you can throw crap at me to come in for gas. Friend of mine pitted for me and yelled at me for 3 laps to come in for gas before I heard him. LMAO Guess what happened next? I passed pit row and ran out of fuel. Oops!

Usually only takes once to learn that mistake, we alll do it. Then you get paranoid and come in to early for fuel and ruin your pit strategy. As far as throwing stuff at you....what do you prefer? Glow plug wrench, Ignitor, fuel bottle or starterbox??? I'll just use the starterbox..... if that doesn't get your attention nothing will!
I see a lot of people interested in Savages lately, you won't find a better deal on a solid rig. She's a tough one and it handles 10X better than any Savvy out of the box.

Augh I want Twisted Toys TVPs. Trade for FLMs? :hehe:

Good luck with sales! Wish I had cash for this.

Last edited:
Sorry bud, no way! I'll kick myself later on for selling this chassis.

You may have to throw rocks instead. If you throw any of that other crap...you won't be able to refire my rig if it flames out! You're FIRED as a pit man already....Geez....

Update, she's going as a roller now. everything I have Savage related for 150 plus shipping. No engine, no electronics. i will include the clutch parts.
It needs 4 front shocks, I highly suggest a set of Flux Big Bores all the way around. They are awsome. it needs a rear bumper. That's it.
Very little wear on it, the skidplate is scratched up. I just need it gone.
open to truggy item trades or a bump start .21/.28 engine.

OK, 140 shipped to the lower 48! Need it gone! Overdue bump.

Savvy Roller

I have a wasp 28 or an hpi k4.6 if interested

Looking for cash mainly. As far as engines go I prefer bump start only engines. Thanks anyways.

You have a reply Samrsnow. LMk, it's a hell of a deal for someone. The chassis is simple and durable. No midtank is necessary.

Deal pending locally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back