HPI Savage 25 pull start

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jlobbia

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Flying
Hello guys. I recently scored a savge 25 for 60 bucks, and I tried starting after doing all maintenance and removing the cooling head and stuff. However, I turned it over and the roto start housing exploded under the pressure and blew up. It is unusable, so I want to get a pull start for it. Any suggestions?

And yes I know there is an available drop in replacement, the HPI Racing 1428 Pullstart. However 40 bucks for a pullstart seems a little steep.

id dig into pull starts that will fit more .seen a few in my brief search .

id dig into pull starts that will fit more .seen a few in my brief search .
Hm I don't know which brands are compatible with hpi... Can you send me a link to one, preferably under 20 or 30 bucks?

the HPI .25 is part of the F series made by Force engines, so should bolt right up. i do have a HPI .25, but i dont have a force pullstart though, so i can't physically confirm. biggest thing is making sure the OWB is the same size, there were 12mm one way bearings and 14mm one way bearings on the HPI engines.