Hpi Quantum Flux ring gear

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChadCharlieG

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hi. I'm looking for this part for my Hpi Quantum. I haven't been able to find any hardened or more durable parts... and almost every jump strips the ring gear on the rear differential. Anyone else have this issue?

Attachments

• ring gear.jpg
    ring gear.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 36
Wow... they didn't put a slipper in that thing! Not a lot you can do except to never land when your on power.

The QUANTUM✚ has a center diff... might want to see if you can fit that in it instead of just the solid spur. Typically I've seen brushelss trucks either with a slipper setup or a center diff, but I've never seen one that didn't have either. Having nothing in the center to absorb shock is stupid this day in age. Would be different it was a slow brushed unit, but it's not.

Doesn't look like you can, they are built completely different. :(

On my 1/16 traxxas, I heat up the ring and pinion cherry red and dip it in cold water. Even on the factory cast gear, it seemed to last longer. That truck was big block, rwd mostly and hot rodded most runs.

How old is this truck? I couldnt find no aftermarket parts for this truck. Hpi doesn't have many parts listed. I'm not sure what scsle this truck is or if they used the ring and pinion on amother model.

Not sure if it will work, but rcmonster slipperential? Center diff slipper set. Was hot circa 2004 I think.

Last edited:
On my 1/16 traxxas, I heat up the ring and pinion cherry red and dip it in cold water. Even on the factory cast gear, it seemed to last longer. That truck was big block, rwd mostly and hot rodded most runs.

How old is this truck? I couldnt find no aftermarket parts for this truck. Hpi doesn't have many parts listed. I'm not sure what scsle this truck is or if they used the ring and pinion on amother model.

Not sure if it will work, but rcmonster slipperential? Center diff slipper set. Was hot circa 2004 I think.
This truck is actually pretty new from what I hear. Oh, and it's 1/10th scale. It looks like HPI does have a few parts, and they are all hardened, but it seems those are just common parts shared with their other kits.

Wow... they didn't put a slipper in that thing! Not a lot you can do except to never land when your on power.

The QUANTUM✚ has a center diff... might want to see if you can fit that in it instead of just the solid spur. Typically I've seen brushelss trucks either with a slipper setup or a center diff, but I've never seen one that didn't have either. Having nothing in the center to absorb shock is stupid this day in age. Would be different it was a slow brushed unit, but it's not.

Doesn't look like you can, they are built completely different. :(
Well I'm upset. I probably should have spent the extra 100 usd... I'll see if I can fit that part in, but I honestly doubt it.

Edit: Nope. I can't fit one in. Man, this sucks! I saw this thing in RCCA Magazine and just assumed it was really good, because they listed almost no Cons except the non-standard 8mm wheel nuts-

(Insert Angry ChadCharlieG noise here.)

Last edited:
Well I'm upset. I probably should have spent the extra 100 usd... I'll see if I can fit that part in, but I honestly doubt it.

Edit: Nope. I can't fit one in. Man, this sucks! I saw this thing in RCCA Magazine and just assumed it was really good, because they listed almost no Cons except the non-standard 8mm wheel nuts-

(Insert Angry ChadCharlieG noise here.)
Dont believe anything you read in magazines. Unless its Playboy :hehe:

Dont believe anything you read in magazines. Unless its Playboy :hehe:
(*Counterattack*) So the Traxxas Xmaxx is not the best monster truck rc? Unlike what RCCA said? (Lol)

Still super upset though. It's a genuinely good platform but the absence of the slipper clutch ruins it-

(*Counterattack*) So the Traxxas Xmaxx is not the best monster truck rc? Unlike what RCCA said? (Lol)

Still super upset though. It's a genuinely good platform but the absence of the slipper clutch ruins it-
I was just making a joke :)
Yeah, like others have said I can't believe they built it without one.

^^^^ I don't know how to remove that.

Anyways, I actually have now noticed that there is a bunch of rcs with the absence of a slipper or center diff that have a lot of power. Typically this is in smaller scale rcs.... Looks like I will have to bulletproof the drivetrain in this thing to handle the power, then. :/

Back