HPI Brama 10B RTR

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The manual can be found on the hpi link. You can see the exploded view of the diffs and shaft drive. If you look up the part number for the spider gears you will see they are made of metal. Also, there is an optional center shaft that is aluminum.

That's good I guess from a BL point of view. That probably would have occurred to me eventually but I'm on holiday in Berlin at the moment so i didn't really get the chance to look, sorry.

Okay looking at it (I'm waiting for my friend to get out of the shower so we can go get lunch) the following hits me:

The spur gear is plastic, I suppose this is common though. IT does make me nervous about the magic mounting holes HPI have decided are correct for the different pinion sizes. I prefer to set my own mesh, thanks, especially when the spur is plastic. At least if it screws up I know it was my own dumb fault.

There is a 'link' piece between the spur and the diff pinion, which is plastic. That looks a prime candidate for sheering under stress to me.

The diffs are pretty standard HPI units. They are sun and planet type diffs which I prefer (because I understand them). Good work HPI :) Only problem is that means there's no slipper in there at all.

The out drives and stub axle cups look to be plastic, and the dogbones are steel. Might cause a few interesting issues when bashing. I've broken metal cups before, I could potentially see plastic ones getting mashed.

The back to front drive shaft is plastic but as sweetdiesel says there's an E10 aluminum one available that would fit the bill.

So I have reason to be concerned about it's brushless potential or not?

Last edited:
i think this was a good move on hpi's part. this is about the same size as the smartech buggys, and close to the same price. its not nitro, but if it will persuade someone to buy name brand instead of smartech, i see it as good.

just as all hpi rigs, it has weak spots on the first go. they will fix them in later releases. thats the HPI way!

i like it alot can't wait to see what parts come out for it

I think I'll pick one up. just for the hell of it.... let you know how it goes.

damn,it looks slow!
if I had a choice of Slash or Brama I would chose Slash for sure :hehe:

Just remember, that motor has to pull 4 wheels and not 2. So, yeah, I'd say it has to be just a bit slower. ;)

It only comes with a 35t motor. It can handle down to a 21t. That would pep 'er up a little. A 5000 nimh would help, too. $50 bucks or so in extras and it would probably go pretty good. As far as comparing it to a slash... Slash=2wd. Brama=4wd. This is a no-brainer to me. I'd rather hook up and go.

Back