HPI Apache C1 Flux

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robmob

LET’S GO BRANDON!
Staff member
Supporter
Excellence Award
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
http://www.hpiracing.com/kitinfo/107108/

298596_10150386337302487_145978592486_8377403_376091070_n.jpg

376699_10150386332432487_145978592486_8377389_1384489720_n.jpg

392836_10150386274917487_145978592486_8377149_1625605661_n.jpg

Last edited:
Me too.

I have the Axial on pre-order.

Looks like the answer to the short course buggy. The build is very close, just on a wider chassis.

I thought I saw it mentioned elsewhere that it 1/8 scale. If that's the case, that's a dumb move on HPI's part. Axial made there's in 1/10 scale, and you could at least race it with the 4x4 short course trucks. If HPI made it 1/8 scale, their on an island all by themselves with either a spec racer, or a basher. Only way I'd see it differently is if it's built comparable to the 1/8 scale buggies.

I thought I saw it mentioned elsewhere that it 1/8 scale. If that's the case, that's a dumb move on HPI's part. Axial made there's in 1/10 scale, and you could at least race it with the 4x4 short course trucks. If HPI made it 1/8 scale, their on an island all by themselves with either a spec racer, or a basher. Only way I'd see it differently is if it's built comparable to the 1/8 scale buggies.

If it's 1/8th scale, there would have to be a different class for racing it. But it is definitely going to be a hell of a good basher.

It's for sure a flux, it says it under apache c1 on the side.

Also, unlike the Axial EXO, it has a spare wheel in the back which adds to the realism, style, and makes it more convenient. It also has a little driver to add to the realism and style. But the Axial EXO has built in lights. So far, I am liking the HPI Apache a little more.

Last edited:
Also, unlike the Axial EXO, it has a spare wheel in the back which adds to the realism, style, and makes it more convenient. It also has a little driver to add to the realism and style. But the Axial EXO has built in lights. So far, I am liking the HPI Apache a little more.

Thats all small stuff as you could add a sparetire holder and a figure in the cockpit. I'm still leaning toward the axial as i seems they have really picked it up as far as quality goes with the release of the Wraith and now this it would seem they are tryin to make some noise in the RC scene. Dont get me wrong as I've got a HPI and its good but I think Axial may be up and coming for a top 3 spot quality wise. Just my .02

On the Axial website, it says the EXO receiver box will be waterproof.

---------- Post added at 2:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 2:06 PM ----------

So far, the differences between the Apache and EXO are :
it was pointed out that the Apache is 1/8th scale
the Apache is 4wd
the Apache has the flux brushless system
the Apache has a spare tire for realism, style, and makes the car more convenient
the Apache has a little driver for realism, and style

the EXO is 1/10th scale
the EXO is 4wd
the EXO has lights for realism, style, and makes the car more convenient
the EXO has a waterproofed receiver box

If turns out to be a SC ill be all over it. Love my SCB, would love yo grow the collection a little.

The EXO is also a kit so you can put any brushless not just the Flux.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IQb4KH53-0"]HPI APACHE FLUX RTR - YouTube[/ame]

Axial EXO all the way, that HPI thing looks like an old school buggy, the wheels are lame, tires arent even scale and the rear end is ugly, so I'm all for Axial.